Championships here finally

Okay, I'll admit it. I fear. And right now, I fear a lot. My stomach is in knots. I can't breathe and when I do manage to let out a small breath, I can't inhale. All I an hear is the faded out cheers of the crowd and my heart beating out of my chest. I've never thought to be this nervous of a Championships before. I've done this more than once before, why is this game any different? Is it because of Coach giving me this legend to wear on my head? What if it omes off?? I haven't had time to adjust it. There isn't any support to help me conceal my idenity. I'm freaking out for the first time during a Championships. I can feel myslf about to throw up the pizza and fries I had before I came here. Where's a GingerAle when you need one?

" Breathe Sage, breathe. " Rudy instructed me. " Is she breathing? Sage, are you breathing? Uhh, Adam, I don't think she's breathing. ''

I shook my head and ran to the bathroom. The all white extrior made me dizzy so I fell to my knees. The loud clanking of my padding on the white tile floor made everyone come running. Blurry silhouettes filled the room. I puked up red and orange type substance onto the floor and leaned onto the back wall next to it. The blurs returned to normal as they looked at the bile on the floor disgusted. It's just puke. Man up.

" Sage, do me a favor and breathe. '' Adam said holding my shoulders. I swallowed hard and nodded slowly, yet I actually haven't done it yet. He looked at me dead in the eyes forcing me to let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding in. My breathing went normal and I could finally breath. His tense form subsided and his lips twitched into a smile. I smiled along with him.

" We're just gonna leave you guys alone. " Rudy shoved the reluctant Lyle, Kyle, Cameron, Ryan and Shane out of the locker room. Before she walked out she winked at me sending a very dirty message. When she saw my facial expression she laughed and went out. I know it wasn't nessessary but I rolled my eyes after the locker room doors already closed. I turned back to Adam who was boring holes in my face.

" What? " I asked chuckling dryly. He shook out of it for a quick second but then went back to his previous state. If that look could kill I would be 10 ft under already.

" Do you need a camera? " I cocked an eyebrow. He snapped his head up and this time stayed out of staring at me for a long period of time. That doesn't mean he stopped. He stared for a couple of seconds.

" Sorry, " he started and bit his lip." I just love a girl in uniform. " My eyes got wide as a scooted back.

" What? '' I stuttered.

'' Nevermind. " He said but he still had that look like he wanted to jump my bones right here, right now.

'' We want Machete!! We want Machete!! " The crowd chanted in the stands. I stood up with Adam and dusted of my pants. I jutted my thumb towards the grey doors of the locker room.

" I should go. " I told him awkwardly. He nodded and handed me Coach's legendary helmet that I didn't know he had behind him. He pecked my cheek then put on my helmet for me. He also handed me a breath strip and smiled.

'' I would kiss you but you have puke breath. " He chuckled. I stuck out my tongue, at him and for the breath strip.

" Go get 'em. " he encouraged. I smiled and wave for a breif moment then opened the doors.

A bright light was at the end of the tunnel. Thank goodness I'm not dead. I slowly walked to the end taking in slow, savored breaths. My heart slows down as the faded cheers of the crowd fills my ear, sending my heart racing. I shouldn't be scared....should I? I paused for a quick second, then kept going.

I got this. My whole school year has lead up to this, the Championships. I can't back down now. This will get me a scholarship for sure, hopefully. This moment will determine if I will be a coward or man up and face this. Like my favorite song says by All Time Low, ''A love like war'',