Speaker phone mishap 'cause she wanted to be cupid

I woke up to an empty bed and a note on the nightstand next to the ring.

We went to school. What's wrong with Adam? Call me.

~Rudy

I huffed and checked my phone. Just as I turned it on it shut down. I haven't charged it in two days. I'm surprised it held up this long. I went into my room and it was a complete mess. Marshall is so going to pay for this. I walked to my dresser, dodging the dirty clothes, shoes, trash and food.

Australian slob. I thought.

I found my charger in the mist of all of this junk and plugged my phone in. I wonder whose home? I changed into the mafia uniform Rudy gave me but left the heels alone. Those are torture devices with sparkles. I put on some rainbow thigh high socks and ran down stairs.

" Anybody home!? " I shouted. No answer. I huffed. The whole house to myself, not as good you think.

" Matthew!? " I called. No answer. I at least thought he was to be here. Hmm, guess not. I'm going to make some pancakes and bacon.

Bacon pancakes,
Making bacon pancakes.
Make some bacon then I put it in a pancake

" Whatcha making? " someone asked. I flinched and went into defencive mode. It was the twins.

" Lyle and Kyle? What are you doing here? '' I asked. I wasn't mad, I was relieved. Company, finally. I was awake for 20 minutes and already bored the fudge out of myself singing a song from Adventure Time.

" We slept in. " Lyle said. Why does he always answers first? I just noticed that. Kyle never answers me unless Lyle starts. Wierd.

" Is that for us? " Kyle pointed to my bacon pancakes. I groaned.

" Do you remember last time I made you guys food? " I scowled pointing a spatula at them. They lowered their face and smirked a little.

" It is not funny, you ate all my food. " I growled. They looked at each other then back at me.

" Sorry. " they said in sync.

*******

" You what!? " Rudy through the phone.

" I told him I don't believe in love, I punched him then kicked him out my garden. " I repeated for the third time.

" Why would you do that? " she asked. Did I not just answer this?
" Because I don't. " I simply said.

" Adam does! He loves you and you tell him that!? For goodness sakes he claimed you to a secretary. He wrote a book for you. What more could you want!? " I groaned.

" Rudy. You don't understand. I stopped. I used to but now I don't. What part so you not get? ''

" Wait, why don't you? " she asked softly. Should tell her? There's no shame in doing so, right?

" You remember Kaleb right? Well, I thought I loved him but he was only out for my money. When I found out I never talked to him and he lied to me about some things you shouldn't lie about. So I thought nobody could love me especially with my dad acting that way. I like Adam but I know it will happen again. "

The phone went silent. Did she just hang up?

" Rudy? " I asked. In the background I heard whispers. I listened in closer.

" So that's the reason. I told you it had to be something else. " Rudy whispered.

" Hey Sage........ " I covered Lyle's mouth and continued to listen.