Chapter 14

Elizabeth watched from afar as Jack passed out next to her best friend, who lingered by his side. Walking up next to her, she placed her hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder, causing the older girl to look up at her.

"Come on. We need to do this before he wakes up." Elizabeth said.

"Yeah... yeah of course." (Y/n) replied, slightly distracted. As they walked to the storage compartment, Elizabeth looked at her friend oddly.

"Are you all right?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes, of course I am, why would you ask?" (Y/n) defended rather quickly.

"(Y/n), I've known you near eight years. I know when something is bothering you."

"Lizzie, really, it's nothing." (Y/n) said, glancing back at the pirate lying on the beach. Elizabeth caught her glance, and began smirking.

"You like him." she stated as (Y/n) brought up the first barrel of rum.

"Like who?" (Y/n) asked as Lizzie went down to bring up another barrel. "Save some food in case this doesn't work."

Elizabeth nodded, but continued her previous thoughts. "The captain we both know lying on the beach!"

"What! No- Lizzie, I don't..." (Y/n) tried, but she couldn't hold this back any longer. She needed to speak with someone about this, preferably not a pirate. "Lizzie, it's nothing. Probably just another one of my little fancies that will go away as soon as it came."

"No. This one's different, I can tell." Elizabeth said.

"Oh yeah? How's that." (Y/n) asked, crossing her arms.

"I've never seen you look at a man the way you look at Captain Jack Sparrow. Not even that particularly long fancy from years ago." Lizzie claimed as (Y/n) brought up some more smaller boxes. The girl didn't respond, only dropped the boxes at her feet. Elizabeth looked at her face. It was exactly how Elizabeth looked when she thought of Will. "You're falling in love with him..."

"That's preposterous, Elizabeth. I am not falling in... love... with Jack." (Y/n) said, hesitating slightly at the word 'love'.

Elizabeth stopped what she was doing and lightly, yet firmly, grasped (Y/n)'s hands and looked her in the eyes. "(Y/n), you might not want to admit it to yourself, but I can see it in your eyes. I might not like him very much, but if he makes you happy, that's all I want for you."

"Lizzie, I-"

"Trust me." Elizabeth said.
꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Jack laid on his back in the sand, sleeping away, until the scent of smoke filled his nose. He scrunched up his face in confused, snapping his eyes open. He looked up just in time to see Elizabeth and (Y/n) throwing one last small barrel of rum onto a large pile that had caught on fire. An explosion shook the area, and the two girls ducked as it blew up.

"No! Not good! Stop!" Jack shouted, waving his arms around frantically. "Not good! What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM!"

The girls walked back to the beach, Jack coming behind them. "Yes, the rum is gone." Elizabeth said, not looking at the pirates.

"Why is the rum gone?!" Jack asked, strained.

Elizabeth turned to him, her face showing her obvious annoyance. "One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels." (Y/n) frowned. It wasn't that bad. "Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, and most likely (Y/n) too. Do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it?!"