Chapter 10

"Gentlemen, the time has come!" Barbossa's voice carried through the cave. Will and (Y/n) walked up next to Jack to look out over the outcropping. "Our salvation is nigh! Our torment is near an end!"

"Elizabeth." Will whispered as he looked out. The girl stood in front of a large stone chest on a large pile of gold, dressed in a maroon dress. Barbossa shouted out to his crew as Elizabeth stood there, terrified.

"For ten years we've been tested and tried, and each man jack through here has proved his mettle a hundred times over, and a hundred time again!" Barbossa shouted, his crew cheering their approval.

"Suffered, I have!!" a scraggly pirate with one eye whimpered.

"Punished we were, the lot of us, disproportionate to our crimes!" Barbossa kicked off the lid of the stone chest, showing it to be filled to the brim with gold coins. "Here it is! The cursed treasure of Cortés himself! Every last piece that went astray, we have returned. Save for this!" Barbossa pointed to the coin hanging on Elizabeth's chest.

Will tried getting through the cave, his hand knocking over a small pile of coins.

"Not yet!" Jack said, holding him back. "We wait for the opportune moment." Jack then walked down the cave hole, back near the boats.

"When's that?" Will asked, him and (Y/n) following him down. "When it's of greatest profit to you?"

Jack came to a stop and said. "May I ask you something?" He turned to face the two, and got up close to Will's face. "Have I ever given you reason not to trust me? Do us a favor. I know it's difficult for you, but please stay here, and try not to do anything stupid."

Will watched as Jack walked off. He looked to his friend beside him, and grabbed an oar from the dingy. (Y/n)'s eyes widened.

"Wait- Will! What are you doing?!" she hissed.

"I'm not going to stand by while Elizabeth is in danger. I don't care." he said, making to follow Jack.

"But is this really the best way to go about it?!"

"We don't have any other options! I'm not waiting for Jack to betray us."

"He's helped us this far." (Y/n) argued. "Why would he all of a sudden stop now?"

"Because, (Y/n)," Will stated, gripping the oar in his hands, "he's a pirate."

"That- Will!" (Y/n) tried, but he was already following Jack.

"Who among us has paid the blood sacrifice owed to the heathen gods?" Barbossa voice said.

"Ours!"

"And who's blood must yet be paid?"

"Hers!"

Jack stood behind the cave wall, trying to get a better look at the situation.

"You know the first thing I'm going to do after the curse is lifted?" Barbossa said. "Eat a whole bushel of apples!" He forced Elizabeth's head down, knife in his hand. "Begun by blood. By blood undone!"

Jack heard something behind him, and turned to meet an oar straight to his head, knocking him out cold. (Y/n) watched as Will hit him over the head, letting out an aggravated groan as Jack hit the ground.

"Sorry, Jack. I'm not going to be your leverage." Will said as he threw down the oar. Will turned to (Y/n). "Are you coming or not?"

"I- Will this was a horrible idea!" (Y/n) whispered.

"Fine, stay with Jack. I'm saving Elizabeth." Will hissed, and walked off towards the water.

(Y/n) stood there, indecisive, but bent down to Jack's side. "Jack! Jack!" she tried, shaking him. He was out cold. She didn't want to slap his face, but it seemed that was the only way to get him up. She was about to draw her hand back, when she heard Jack groaning. "Jack?"