thirteen || karma

Start from the beginning

"Oh, great. A psychotic werewolf who's into teen work. That's beautiful." Stiles remarks in his usual sarcastic manner.

"Uhm guys--" I say, embarrassed, "I know this isn't a great time, but I have to pee. Badly."

Stiles looks at me, bewildered, "Well, hold it."

I start to bounce up and down, "I really have to go. Like bad."

"Madelyn, you can not go out there." Scott tells me.

"My bladder is the size of a peanut. I wet the bed until I was seventh grade. I am going to the restroom."

Stiles looks to Scott then me, "I'll take you."

"No--, no, I'll be fine." I say. I do not want to be escorted to the bathroom, even if there is an evil bloodthirsty alpha running around the school. When I have to pee, I have to pee.

"Go-god, okay. But, be careful. Okay?" Stiles tells me. His face had 'please don't leave' written all over it. Almost, like he cared about me. But, not care as in friend care. Like a care a lover has for another. Like Jack did for Rose. I brushed it off. I'm being ridiculous.

~

The walk to the bathroom was very uneventful. I was on edge the whole time. I'm terrified. I just wish i was home. But, no. I'm in the bathroom. Peeing. While an alpha could kill me. I sigh. I hear mumbling from the outside of the bathroom. This is it. This is the end of my life. I am going to die on a toilet, at school. I shut my eyes tightly as I hear the clicking of heels-- wait, heels? I open the door quietly.

"Lydia?" I speak, causing the redhead to cover her heart.

"Jesus, Madelyn, what are you even doing here?" She asks.

"What am I doing here? Lydia, why are you here?" The only thing that I could come up with is that Jackson and Lydia came here to--fool around.

"Scott texted Allison and said to meet her here," She pursed her lips.

"What? Why would he..?" My eyes widened in realization that it was not Scott who had texted her, but the alpha, "Lydia, we need to go." I grabbed a hold of her and dragged her out of the bathroom.

She pouted, "But, I have to use the bathroom."

~

Lydia opens the doors to the lobby, "Finally. Can we go now?"

The pipes above us began to creak. The alpha is in the pipes. That are directly above us. "Run!" I yell to the group. WE run into the classroom, slamming the door quickly. All but Stiles and I stand behind the group watching them pile desks, chairs, and other objects in front of the door. Obviously completley oblivious to the wall of windows.

"Guys-- Can we just wait a second?" Stiles says, no one listens, "Guys, Stiles talking. Can we just hang on a sec-second? Please?"

"HEY IDIOTS!" I yell at them, catching their attention, " beautiful, beautiful job. Now, what about the twenty feet wall of windows?" Stiles gestures towards them. Scott lowers his head.

Allison runs a hand through her hair, "Can someone please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here. And I would like to know why. Scott?" Allison looks toward him obviously wanting answers. I want to tell her. I feel like i'm betraying her, but i'm only keeping everything to myself to keep her safe. She's not ready to know yet.

"Somebody killed the janitor." Stiles said.

Lydia looks up, "What?"

Stiles shakes his head, "Yeah, the janitor's dead."