CHAPTER XXXI: BROTHER'S DILEMMA PART II

"Yes. I am doing review points from my study. Perhaps that."

"Oh. Then, it is.... just an ink... that you... need." He said while his spirit wearing out.

Beatrice noticed the sad expression of his brother after hearing her answer, so she instantly continued. "But if I will need anything more, I will inform you immediately."

Sigh. "Yes, Thank you, Lil' Sis. Anyway, I will have to go back now. I just really wanted to check you."

"Ah.., Okay, Brother." She stood up. "Thank you for checking on me."

With no glimpse of any real idea why his brother was downhearted, Beatrice could not ask anymore.

"Then, I'll be leaving." He bid his goodbye with a faint smile.

Ronald left the room dissatisfied. He looked around the room of his sister as he entered, but everything was there. He already thought to give his sister a luxurious and expensive jewelry in the estate, but seeing his sister now, he changed his plans. He knew that she would not be enticed by it.

His sister drastically changed in 180 degrees; she totally transformed into a new person. And truthfully, he could not deny that he loved it more. However, the simplicity portrayed by his sister presently became his new dilemma in finding the "best gift of all" for her.

****-------****

While walking in the hallway without any set direction in mind, Ronald saw his sister's maid. The maid was pulling a cart with tea cups and plates. He called it immediately.

"Marielle!?"

The maid turned and politely bowed and greeted him. "Good afternoon, Young Master."

"I need something from you."

"Yes, young master. What can I do for you?"

"..."

This is embarrassing. Now, I am asking the maid. I feel useless right now. Anyway, how can I ask effortlessly without embarrassing myself?

"Young master?"

"Ah---..."

Ronald hesitated to speak and clenched both his fist. He could not think of anything to start with. It was great for him that his sister was somehow dense, but he did not know about her maid. Marielle was hired after he got in the school so it was his first time talking to her directly.

Contrary to his thoughts, the young master showed an awkward appearance. Then, suddenly, the maid cleared her throat and said. "This past few weeks. I found Lady Beatrice was so keen on schedules."