New Years

"What are you doing for New Years?" Delly asks trough the phone. You look around your bedroom, you're in your pajamas, no makeup on, tissues are everywhere, and your watching tv.

"Hopefully, eat some chicken noodle soup while I watch the ball drop. You?" You sniffle and cough, it sucks being sick.

"Still sick?" Rydel asks sympathetically.

"Unfortunately, so I had to cancel my plans with Riker. I told him just to go to Curt's party by himself," you muttered still upset you were missing yet another party. Whenever Curt threw parties, you always ended up sick.

"Girl, I'm sorry. Next time. Listen, I have to go, I'll see you later!" Rydel rushed off the phone, "I love you."

"Bye. I love you, too." You muttered and hung. Looking around the room you realize it's time to take your medicine so you reach out onto your bedside table and take your medicine. Your medicine begins to kick in and you fall asleep.

Your doorbell rings and you grunt, roll over, and fall back asleep figuring it's not important. You hear keys in the lock and figure that they have a key, so they must know you. You begin to fall back asleep when the door opens and you hear a familiar voice whisper your name. You let our a grunt and say, "Bed."

You hear foot steps coming down the hall and open your eyes in time to see a blonde head poke into your room, "Hi beautiful."

You let out a moan, you feel so bad.

"Still not better?"

"No," you say slightly sobbing, "I thought Andre told you to stay away so you don't get sick?"

"He did," Riker said coming closer to your bed. You give him a confused look and he sighs, "I called him today and told him that there was no way I could stay away from my girlfriend anymore because I know she needs me." Riker smiled slightly and held up a bag, "And some chicken noodle soup!"

You say up as your eyes got big, "Gimme!"

He started giggling and sat down on the side of your bed, "I'll feed you, beautiful."

He pulled out the bowl and popped off the lid. Next, he grabbed a lid from the bag and placed it on the end of the bed. As Riker started feeding you soup, you analyzed his every move.

"Whatcha doing?" Riker asked.

"Watching you." You replied smiling sheepishly, "Thank you."

"For?"

"Taking care of me, you don't have to do this."

"But I do, it's in the job description for being the best boy friend ever."

You roll your eyes, "I love you."

"I love you, too. Now shh and eat your soup."

You close your eyes and yawn, "Actually, can I go back to my nap?"

"Of course." Riker puts the lid on the bowl and sets it on your night stand. Then he walks around to the other side of the bed, climbs in, and pulls you close. You rest your head gently against his chest and smile, Riker really was the best.

"Better?" Riker asks.

"Lots better," you mumble as you drift off into a deep sleep listening to the television as they count down to a new year and more time for you and Riker to spend together