thirty six

at the burrow, aurelia felt a lot better with everyone around

at the burrow, aurelia felt a lot better with everyone around. moreover with fleur and bill's wedding coming up, she was more than excited. a day before, molly had gifted her an elegant,long, navy blue dress with silver glitters sprinkled on it like snowflakes. 

aurelia was in ginny's room, painting her nails navy blue when she heard hermione's voice calling her down. keeping the little vial of nail polish aside, aurelia walked downstairs only to find the minister of magic standing in front of her. she greeted him with a smile which he nonchalantly returned.

"to what do we owe the pleasure, minister?" harry asked politely once they were all seated on the couch except harry who was uncomfortably sitting on the arm of the couch.

"I think we both know the answer to that question, mr. potter." the minister replied.

aurelia glanced once at harry before looking at the minister who pulled out a suitcase and took out a small pouch before placing it on the table.

"and this is....?" harry trailed off. the minister pulled out a letter from the case, holding it up as it floated in the air.

"here in is set forth the last will and testament." the minister started,"of albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore. first to ronald weasely, I leave my deluminator. a device of my own making in the hope that, when things seem most dark, it will show him the light."

he opened the material and took out a small object and held it out for ron. ron looked at the twins before taking it and unravelled the cloth to find a small lighter.

"dumbledore left this for me?" ron asked.

"yeah." the minister nodded.

"brilliant." ron exclaimed,"what is it?"

he flicked it open, showing a small ball of light. suddenly the two lamps nearest to them were extinguished as the two balls of light flew over and were packed in the deluminator. aurelia's lips parted in amusement as ron again opened it and the light returned to the lamps. "wicked." ron breathed out.

"to hermione jeane granger." the minister read,"I leave my copy of the tales of beedle the bard. In the hope that she find it entertaining and instructive."

the minister pulled out a book and handed it to hermione.

"mum used to read me those." ron chirped happily,"the wizard and the hopping pot, babbitty rabbitty and the cackling stump."

hermione and harry stared at him in confusion while aurelia smiled slightly at how excited he looked.

"come on, babbitty rabbitty. no?" he tried again but nobody responded.

"to aurelia evangeline potter, I leave you this mysterious renavatio pendant which belonged to your father. i've spent my life trying to disclose it's mystery but to no luck. but since your father had this, it should be passed on to you." rufus handed the pendant to aurelia who was pretty shocked that dumbledore decided to hand her father's possession to her instead of harry. aurelia smiled widely at the black stone pendant having almost rusted chains. it looked truly magnificent due to the white beads outlining the flattened sheet of black marble.