Stuck In The Middle

Hopefully you've listened to Stuck in the Middle With You by Steelers wheel. This is when it comes into play...

One of my favorite chapters to write, hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did.

please leave a review if you did, I've been getting less and less reviews per chapter lately, :( , but maybe thats a good sign cause theres not too many plot holes to easily point out. lol.

Anyway...

Enjoy!

Chapter 12

"Help me! A man has me, they kidnapped me!"

Percy had to find her. He had a second chance, maybe this time he could save her. He would not fail again.

"Hurry!" The voice broke into violent sobs and the sound of an iron club beating solid ground.

How was she alive, how was she here! Percy's heart ached at the chance to save Annabeth, to be reunited with his Wise Girl. He had to hurry, so he ran towards the cliff, ignoring cold feeling that swept through his body when he left the sun. Left the light of the fading bright star in the sky. He followed the noises to find a small hole that was on the side of the towering wall of rock. It was short and wide where it sat on the ground. The noises were coming from directly inside.

Percy went to his chest and began forward in an army crawl across the sand. The sand stuck to his body everywhere he touched it, it's dust turning him halfway to a human corn dog. Percy pushed forward into the hole, he had to save Annabeth. His vision grew dark, his body was covering the only place where light could get in. The walls pressed around him, thousands of pounds of rock above his head. He barely had enough space to move, the air became stale and wet the farther he went. Soon he was in complete blinding darkness, and this time there was no star to save him.

Percy crept forward. Inching ahead, one slow movement at a time, his only motivation the fact that Annabeth was on the other side. Percy gave one last reach onward and feeling the rocks on the sides pulled himself through the skinny crevice. The light filtered in from the space his body left. He found he was in a large room, a hallway of some sorts that went forward ten feet before turning to the left, ...or the right. Water dripped down from the ceiling, the walls wet from the ocean mist that managed to find its way inside. Percy wiped the sand off his body with his hands and walked along the space. The water came down like a slow rain from above, the droplets dripping down echoing throughout the chamber.

"Percy!"

The sound of Annabeth's voice urged him to a sprint. He made it to his first crossroads, right... or left. It was hard to tell where the sobs were coming from because the sound bounced off the walls, making it seem like Annabeth was all around him. He chose left. Sprinting forward he followed the corridor as it twisted and turned into darkness. Percy had to put his hand on the wall so he wouldn't get lost, the blackness so thick he couldn't see his own hand in front of his face anymore. The water that fell from above had slowed, a drop a minute now as he went farther into the earth.

Percy felt the wall turn at a sharp angle, he was at a crossroads yet again. He decided to go to the right this time, stumbling along through the darkness, his footsteps amplified loudly against the floor as he sprinted with all his might. Pushing his body to the max.

"Ah!" Percy slammed into a wall, with a sharp pop pain shot through his shoulder, he knew had just dislocated it. He fell to the ground in agony, his first dead end. Percy gritted his teeth, using his other arm he grabbed his shoulder, it would be better in the dark, he wouldn't be able to see anything. His shoulder burned in a harsh passion, flames of hot slicing metal cut up his arm. He had to set it, quickly.