A Fateful Meeting

Lucy's POV

I can't believe how much there is to see here! Humans have so many things! I don't even know how long I've spent walking around. There was just so much to see that time just seemed to fly by.

I still wasn't feeling completely confident in walking, but I was fine taking it slow. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it was a lot different from my tail, and moving them separately was a lot different from moving my tail all at once. I got tired at one point and decided that I would sit outside of a food shop. I even got a small sandwich to eat that was actually great.

While I was sitting there, I watched those that were walking throughout the town in front of me. One particular group stood out to me as I watched them walk down the street. They all looked to be my age, one was a man with dark hair, a beautiful woman with long red hair, a young girl with long blue hair, and then a man at the front of the group that had short spiky pink hair. Who has pink hair?

I watched the small group for a while. They were going into different shops along the street and approaching others on the street. It looks like they are gathering information or looking for something specific. It must be important.

After a while they split up into two groups. The two girls and the dark-haired boy went off together, but the pink-haired boy left on his own. I was about to keep watching him, but he suddenly turned towards me and I had to turn away as fast as possible. This is probably a sign that I should just keep going with my own exploring. I didn't wait around to see what pinky was doing before I stood up and left. There is still so much I want to see.

The sun was already going down by the time I had finished sightseeing. I was walking back towards the beach when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse us miss." It was a tall man and I could tell he was strong. He had dark red hair, very tan skin, and he was wearing a long white coat with purple fur trim. There were also four other people with him, and all of them looked scary.

"Um, what can I do for you?" I was getting a terrible feeling from these guys. I needed to find a way out.

"Well, you see, we are looking for something here. We were wondering if you could help us."

Yeah...the creepy feeling is getting worse... "W-what are you l-looking for?"

"It's a special and very rare magical creature."

Uh oh... "W-well I d-don't know h-how much help I would be." Yeah, that would have been much more convincing if I didn't freaking stutter! Stupid Lucy!

Suddenly, the man grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "Well, you see, you are the only one that can help us, because it's you we are looking for." The man just chuckled evilly as his grip got tighter. "It's actually lucky we got you first. There was someone else looking around this town for information on mermaids. Though you would have been better off with him. You're the unlucky one in this situation."

Suddenly it felt like my entire arm was on fire and I let out a high pitch scream. "AHHHHH!!!! Stop it, please! It hurts!" The man still wouldn't let go and my arm was burning so badly, so I did the first thing that popped into my mind. I kicked him... HARD.

When his grip finally dropped from my arm, I ran as fast as I could. I found myself running towards the pier, tripping over my new legs every once in a while since I still wasn't used to them, and I could hear the others running after me.

"YOU CAN'T GET AWAY! WE WILL FOLLOW YOU! THE WATER ISN'T SAFE FOR YOU!"

I didn't know which one of the five was yelling at me, but I didn't care. Not knowing for sure if they were serious that the water wasn't safe, I wasn't going to risk just diving back in. I was still running towards the pier when I spotted an enormous ship docked there. It was the only one with the ramp thing still down, so I took my chance and ran up it. I didn't see anyone on the ship while running through, trying to find a place to hide. They must be in town still, and that is why the ramp was down.

The Mermaid Tear (Fairy Tail AU Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara