5

(i'm being held against my will to write this
>:(  iamtheceoofswag )

The game went on for nearly two hours, both of our brains running a million miles an hour thinking of a hundred different ways we could beat each other.

beth punched my clock and looked at me, a smug smirk playing on her lips. i looked down at the board and thought for a moment before i realized there was no beating her.

i sighed quietly and held out my hand, beth giggled a bit as she smirked more and shook my hand, "good game y/n"

i smiled and nodded, "i don't know what i was expecting, going up against the queen goddess after all" i giggled and beth laughed.

"please, i'm not as good as everyone makes me out to be, yes i'm good, but it's not like i'm undefeated or anything"

"you lost one time when you were training me" i snorted, proudly sitting up, still proud of a silly little accomplishment that happened years ago.

beth playfully rolled her eyes, "you won't let me forget about that," she giggled, "it took me three days to figure out how to beat you"

"three days?!"

"yea, you played a move i had never seen before, and i used that same move you used to beat me, to beat you" she proudly smirked, fixing her hair a bit.

i let my mouth drop a bit, "why you little piece of shi-"

i was cut off by the door opening and in slipped a tall and slim man wearing a navy blue sweater over a white button down, slick black pants, clean and polished black shoes and to top it off, a tan fedora.

"hello love" she smiled walking over to beth and giving her a little kiss before taking off his fedora and setting it on the bedside table.

he looked me up and down a little and gave me a rather disgusted look taking a look at my 'suggestive' outfit, some may call it, even though it was just what i normally wore.

i felt uncomfortable and judged under his eyes, like he hated my guts even though we didn't know each other in the slightest.

beth cleared her throat a bit before nudging the man's arm so he stuck his hand out to me, "y/n, this is phillip...my boyfriend"

i furrowed my eyebrows a bit. boyfriend? even when she was young beth hated the idea of settling down and having a man holding her back, she just messed around with them i never would've thought that she'd start to date one.

a chess piece falling onto its side due to phillip readjusting snapped me back to reality. i slowly shook his hand, "i'm y/n as you could've guessed, nice to meet you phillip"

"call me phil"

i pursed my lips together and slightly nodded, feeling everyone in the room get more uncomfortable with how awkward and quiet it was.

i looked at the alarm clock next to phil's fedora and pretended to read the time, "that was delightful beth but i should get going, i have more games tomorrow that i should really study for"

the redhead perked up a bit and smiled, "of course, maybe we could hangout again tomorrow after our games?"

i smiled and nodded, getting off the bed and walking to the door, "it was lovely to see you again beth and it was...a pleasure to meet you phillip-phil" i quickly corrected after i saw how annoyed he looked when i said his full name.

"bye y/n" beth grinned, waving to me as i left her room, quickly walking back to my room is just complete shock.