Chapter Twenty Nine

En başından başla

Nothing ever goes as plan.

That night I had a restless sleep. Hunter was just in another room, and Bianca was in another one in the house. They didn't want to go home since they had a feeling that Justin could be lurking somewhere. I understand that, but that made me more nervous.

I woke up with a terrible head ache, but I didn't let it get me down. Even my coffee didn't seem strong enough that morning and I honestly wish it did. When Hunter came in the kitchen, his hair was wet. Indicating he had a shower not so long ago. At least he was fully dressed.

"How did you sleep?" He takes a seat next to me as I hold my empty mug and I shrug. "Terrible and you?" He doesn't answer me for a couple of seconds. "Same." It felt very uncomfortable between us, but I appreciate the silence. It speaks louder than words with the different emotions swirling around us.

"What if this is all my fault?" I ask out loud after a long pause. His words from earlier is still swirling in my head along with the rest of my thoughts. I feel him touch my hand that is around my mug and he slowly unwinds my fingers from it. "It isn't, I was wrong for saying it was." I look at him and he smiles softly at me, the sadness lurking in his eyes.

"I was angry and confused, just like you are about Bianca and I." I look away from him, trying to pull my hand away from him, but he refuses to let it go. "Please Jules, don't push me away like this." He begs softly and that's when I feel the waterfall forcing it's way back up. "Me? Pushing you away?" I ask as the first tear escapes.

"You've been pushing me away since the I left and not once did you reach out to me."
"You left me," I shake my head and I stare at him, tears rolling now.
"I didn't leave you because I wanted to, Hunter, I left you because you felt that the distance would affect us negatively. I always wanted to come back to you, every day I wanted to, but I felt that you didn't even want me anymore."

"Of course I wanted you! Dammit, Julie, I love you." My heart stutters as I stare at him wide eye. "Lov-.." I blink once and more tears slide down my face. He reaches out and wipes them away, "Yes, I love you. I still do, and when you left I felt torn." \

"Bianca was only suppose to comfort me. We didn't plan to get serious or get in a relationship, but we are human, Jules." He starts to explain, his own tears falling. "She made me forget about my pain when you couldn't. She knew how I felt and she danced perfectly to my broken melody." I let out a small sob and I wipe my face with the palm of my hand, trying to get rid of the tears.

"I didn't know if I was going to propose to her, and when I found out about her cheating I knew it was a sign. We aren't met for each other. We never were." He seems so distant, and I can see she broke his heart. Just like he broke mine when I found out. "I love you, Julia. I know this, because when I saw you after all these years, months, I knew I love you and only you."\

"Our broken melodies, it is a perfect beat when we are together." He cups my cheek and I lean into his hand, even if I want to fight against it, but his words are true. I felt complete when he held me after all these years. I felt at home and peace again.

" I love you too, Hunter." I whisper and a smile breaks through his tears. "That's all I wanted to hear, baby." He kisses me, softly and gently. I don't fight against, I kiss him back and I feel the peace envelope me. I missed him so much. 

When we hear footsteps, we break apart and Stephanie enters the kitchen with a groggy Gabby. She smiles at us, like she knows exactly what happened. "Good morning you two." She greets and Gabby rubs her eyes. "Good morning." I greet back and Hunter nods his head. He looks at me, but I just keep my gaze on Stephanie as she places Gabby in her high chair.