8. Feel The Heat Of Your Partner

Step Number Eight: Feel The Heat Of Your Partner

***

Flashback

It was the last day of school, before summer break. Chase made sure that everything was done so he could solely focus on his photoshoots; that is, if he gets in.

He'll get in. He was sure of it.

He's done so much for it, he was sure he'd get in. If he didn't, he promised to go crazy instead.

"Hey, Chase!"

Chase turned around to come face to face with the most heart melting face ever. It'd been the only face that made his heart beat faster, forehead sweat and hands shaking.

"Z-Zane..."

"What were you doing?! You didn't even answer my calls! Or my texts... I've been calling for you from the front office. You literally ignored me all the way. What's going on? Did something happen?"

"I-I—"

"What happened? Did it not go well?" Zane's arms were around Chase's in seconds. His eyes showed concern and he barely cared of what others thought around them when they were actually supposed to be, in class. "They rejected you? But that can't be right. Everything you sent over was perfect. You have talent. I mean, even if you lacked anything, which you don't, you would've got in. I made sure of it..." he mumbled the last part.

Chase just stood there frozen.

What should he say?

"Chase?"

A snap of Zane's fingers in front of him brought him back to reality. "What?"

"I asked you what's wrong. You seem like you're somewhere else."

"Oh, it's nothing. Everything's fine... they haven't replied back yet." Chase rubbed the back of his head. "I'll tell you when they do."

"Oh."

Zane gave a hesitant nod, patting his friend's back before leaving him standing alone in the hallway.

Watching him go, Chase's heartbeat only rose and he wished that he could stop it. These days, he just wants to stop.

The tune of Averages made Chase jump in alarm. After fishing his phone out, he answered with a hello.

Hello, this is Anne Marl calling from Rain Entertainment. May I speak to Chase Thomas Flight?

"This is... Chase... speaking..."

Oh, okay then. Good morning Mr. Flight—

"G-good morn—"

I'm calling regards the application you've sent online. Let me clarify; you're the one, that is— Chase Thomas Flight, age 17 and a musician since age 5, who sent the practice videos and your information on the 12th of May this year, correct?

"Yes, that was me."

His heartbeat rose again.

Well, congratulations when I say that the Rain Entertainment have considered you to join their company for your future. This will only apply if you do further paperwork regarding contracts. In a few days, we'll have one of our managers contact you and they will guide you through everything.

There was a pause.

You are still on board with the contracts, yes?

"Yes! Yes, of course. Just, surprised."

The lady behind the phone -Anne, chuckled. Well then, I'd also like to forward the message by one of our corespondents. He said, and I quote: tell him that he deserves it, hence if he makes the contract, I'm going to be able to show him real stars.

~~~

"Hey, Chase, you have something to tell me?" Zane gave a suggestive look. He'd blocked the guy from leaving school. Most students were out of the building and Chase was too, not until Zane caught up to him.

He didn't say anything.

"Hey man, we didn't get to talk at all. You skipped lunch too, what's up with that?" When Chase didn't answer that as well, Zane rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever. Just tell me the most important thing that you have to say to me in your life."

I love you, Chase thought and coughed to cover his voice, just in case his best friend heard it.

"Seriously? You've got nothing? After all we've—"

"It's not like that Zane. Just let it go. I got a call anyway so I'm going to be busy these days."

Zane scoffed, rolling his head to the side. "Okay then, not even a 'see you later'? Maybe a 'talk to you later'?" He pushed the shorter one a little. Just a little, enough to make him stumble a step back. "Look here Thomas, I don't wanna seem like a clingy best friend, but you haven't really been yourself since you applied for the agency. I'm not following you right now and I'd really like it—"

"Like what?"

Zane calmed down, cautiously watching the friend speak up.

"Like what? Like it if I told you how every single second of my life is made? Want me to call you up right before I go to the bathroom every single time I have the need to pee? That won't be enough? Then how about blinking? Want me to send you a text every fucking time I fucking blink?! I don't know man, but I don't think I have the speed to do- hell, does the internet have that speed—"

"Why are you like this? What's going on? We were fine! I even helped you find the company and told you that everything's going to be okay. I was on your side the whole time."

"It doesn't matter." Chase shrugged back his bag and stood up straight. "I read something on the terms and agreements and I'd really like to stick to it for the rest of my life. You know Zane. You know that music is my life." He breathed in hard. "And if you really are my best friend, then you'd stay away from me."

Chase pushed passed the shocked and confused boy and got out of the building as soon as he can.

Then only did he mutter, "because if you knew that I've been in love with you since we met, then it's all over for me."

---

Vote guys! And comment, it means so much to me!

My new stories out! It's a fan fiction between the sons of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, hehe.

Check it out guys and tell me what you think!