Love

Her decision of coming out of the closet changed her entire life. She never thought her parents would react that way. They had never talked to her in that manner. She tried her best to make them understand that it was not a phase. The only response she got was that she lived in an Indian society and these 'western concepts' would not be entertained. She knew she had enough when her parents decided to take her to a psychiatrist.

Moving out from her parents' house was one of the biggest decisions she had taken so far. Currently, she was living in her college hostel. Much to her dismay she had a roommate, who often teased her about her crush, Ankita. The first time she met Ankita was on her second of college. As cheesy as it might sound it was love at first sight. There was nothing not to like about Ankita, her smile, her personality. She often caught herself staring at Ankita during class. But what actually brought them together was a college party. She was quite reluctant to go at first but when her roommate informed her that Ankita would be there, she put on her best party dress and a pair of her heels. With a little touch of makeup, she was ready to go.

The party was at a hotel, a few miles away from their college hostel. The speakers were blasting some kind of a cheap remix. It was supposed to be a party to welcome the freshers but ironically everyone was invited. Being a loner, she stood alone at a corner with a can of soda in her hand and admired Ankita. Ankita came in a classy black dress. She was dancing with some of her friends. Feeling someone staring Ankita turned around and caught the culprit red handed. To the surprise of the loner, Ankita approached her and stood beside her. They had never talked much when they saw each other in college, maybe a passing glance or a smile if their eyes met. So, it was hard to randomly start a conversation even when they were standing next to each other. After the momentary awkwardness they started chatting like they had been friends forever. They instantly clicked like they were meant to be. After a while they made their way to a balcony, loud music being the excuse.

She found herself getting lost in Ankita's eyes, the brown canyons drawing her in with their mysteries. The night felt so magical, like all her wishes were going to be true. Even Ankita seemed like some magical creature, slowly and steadily hypnotizing her, making her fall in love more than she already was. Ankita too was feeling giddy. She did not drink any alcohol so she couldn't blame it. She knew that it was the girl in front of her who was making her feel like that. The music in the background became fainter or maybe the party had ended, they didn't notice. All they knew at that moment was each other, nothing else mattered. Ankita found herself leaning in, closer and closer, and then...