Part 2

There's still something I haven't told you

I've hidden it, but I can't wait any longer

(You) are dreaming

(I) want you to let me stay by your side more than now

- Stay By My Side (Twice)

Seokjin freshens up and puts on his royal blue silk pajama set. He stares at the clock for 5 minutes before falling prey to his nervousness.

He starts to mix dough for cookies just to keep himself busy while he waits for Taehyung to show up.

He pushes himself to feel better. Because he has to. There's no other way. There's no more dreams of Taehyung saying yes to his confessions, or even less of him confessing his feelings to Seokjin. No more dreams of going out on little dates with him. Of teaching him fishing. Of playing soft keys of piano to wake him up, and pepper him with kisses and pamper him with his favorite breakfast.

No more dreams.

He swallows his pain, and brushes roughly at his tears, smearing flour all over his face. The bell rings and he panics because he is afraid that his face is swollen, especially his eyes.

And, because Taehyung reads him like his favorite book, he'll know.

He washes his hands and runs to open the door feeling incredibly stupid that despite the circumstances his heart won't calm down, that his heart is still excited to see him after so long.

He exhales once before he opens the door and immediately regrets it.

His lungs struggle to breathe as he takes in Taehyung. His brain seems to have forgotten how much more beautiful Taehyung is in person. How much more breathtaking and unreal.

"Hyun – hyung?" Taehyung smiles awkwardly at him, tugging at the mask in his hand. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah – of course," Seokjin chuckles, making way for him.

"I smell something?" Taehyung asks, his nose up in the air, sniffing. "What are you cooking?"

"Cook – Cookies," Seokjin says, rushing to the kitchen. "I was bored."

Taehyung washes his hands, takes a scoop of the wet dough and licks it.

"Ah! Vv!" Seokjin scolds. "Don't eat the dough – it will give you a stomachache."

Taehyung giggles, "But hyung, it's so nice. Nicer than the cookie sometimes."

Seokjin slaps his hand away and adds more flour to the dough.

"You don't call me that anymore," Taehyung says, his chin resting on his palm.

"What?"

"Vv. You don't call me that anymore," he repeats.

Seokjin smiles, "Because you are my Voo now."

"Is that better than Vv?" Taehyung asks, now settled on the bar stool.

"I – I don't know," Seokjin says, trying to concentrate on the cookies. "What do you like?"

"Anything. As long as it's yours."

"Wha - " Seokjin says, his neck snapping up.

"I mean – as long as it is a name that you make up. Vv, Voo, Ver," Taehyung says with his lopsided smile.

Seokjin stares at him and returns the smile. "You'll always be my Vv."

"And your Voo?"

"And my Voo."