"Adalyn!! No."

I cried not only for Adalyn but for my brother.

They were both gone. Truly gone.

Flashback over

My head lay on my arms as I blocked out any sound. I couldn't deal with it. Not anymore.

After I cried to my heart's content, I called Leah immediately.

The sound of her cried and her pleading with me to tell her I was just joking hurt me but not as much as what Adalyn had done.

I sat in the middle of my living room for I don't know how long before I was pulled out of the trance I was in by someone.

I couldn't remember who. My mind had gone blank.

All I remember was muttering her name over and over and over again as if it would suddenly make her appear in front of me.

But despite how many times I said it or how sore my throat got, Adalyn never did.

Never.

My breaking point was seeing my ma cry when I told her about Jake. Seeing my ma, the strongest woman in my life, break down and sob for her son for days was what broke me.

Adalyn left me and I couldn't deal with that.

I loved her. Was I not enough? Did she not love me? Why is she always lying to me? What did I do wrong?

I told her. No, I begged her to trust me. To tell me whenever something was troubling her but no.

She didn't. She didn't trust me and probably never has.

My alcohol problem started when we received the first video two days after she and Jake were kidnapped.

I had watched it so many times I could tell you every detail of the room and what was in it and where that thing was located.

I know I shouldn't torture myself like that but it was the only thing keeping my hope of her and my brother's survival strong.

The video

Light appeared into the room as the creaking of the door swallowed the silence.

A shadow in the middle. Head hung low and body slouched. As if it was a dead body.

The dark was chased away by the light as a switch was turned on. Jake squinted his eyes a little bit not quite used to seeing so much brightness in a while.

A man walked in with a woman behind him being dragged by handcuffs. A bag over her head denied her of seeing her surroundings.

Jake's eyes followed the woman as the same man he had been taken by forcefully pushed her in a seat and tightened her hands to the arms and her ankles to the legs.

He stood back up and smiled before pulling the bag off.

As shock overtook Jake's face, Adalyn adjusted to the light by closing her eyes.

Her face was grabbed and she was forced to look up into the horrible eyes of one of her tormentors.
"Welcome to hell sister."

Adalyn looked him dead in the eyes and a smirk crawled onto her lips as she leaned in further.
"I can assure you even hell wouldn't let a monster like you in Fyodor."

Fyodar's eyes blazed with anger and he raised his arm to strike her but was held back by someone grabbing his wrist.
"Fyodor. Don't."

His head whipped to the side and he sneered at his older sister.
"Why? The little bitch needs to know she can't talk to me like that. You can't tell me what to do Irina."