Chapter 4

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?"Thorin asked once everyone was ready and had all their stuff "To look ahead."Gandalf replied I looked at the dwarfs as they were all clueless "What brought you back?"Thorin said "Looking behind. Nasty business. Still, they all are in one piece."Gandalf said "No thanks to your burglar."Thorin said "He had the nous to play for time. None of the rest of you thought of that."Gandalf said "They must have come down from the Ettenmoors."I said looking at the troll "Since when did the mountain trolls venture this far south?" "Oh, not for an age. Not since a darker power ruled these lands."I replied as I looked over at Gandalf and realized something "They could not have moved in daylight."I said "There must be a cave nearby."Thorin said.

***

As we searched by a small mountain for the troll cave I had found it, I looked around me to see no one close, I whistled and waited for everyone to come where I was "Oh, what's that stench?!" "It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch." As we went deeper inside the troll cave, we found the troll treasure "Seems a shame just to leave it lying around. Anyone could take it."Bofur said "Agreed. Nori, get a shovel." Gloin said, I chuckled as I looked at them "have you heard nothing Gandalf just said?"I asked trying not to laugh and pull a stern face until I busted out laughing, I walked over where Gandalf and Thorin where "These swords were not made by any troll."Thorin said "Nor were they made by any smith among men."Gandalf said after looking at the sword Thorin handed him "These were forged in Gondolin, by the High Elves, of the First Age. You could not wish for a finer blade."I said as I looked over Gandalf's shoulder to see the sword, I checked if there were any useful swords but nothing, as I saw that almost everyone was leaving I walked next to Gandalf as we exited the troll cave.

"Almara do you think this will fit Bilbo?"Gandalf said as he stopped and kneeled to grab an elf-made dagger "I think so." I said as I turned around and started walking "Bilbo." I called once we were outside "Hm?"Bilbo hummed "Here. This is about your size."Gandalf said and hands the dagger to Bilbo "I can't take this."Bilbo said "The blade is of Elvish make, which means it will glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby."I said as I kneeled besides him and placed my hands around Bilbo's so that he was holding the sword "I have...I have never used a sword in my life." he stuttered "And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."Gandalf said as he places his hand on Bilbo's shoulder.

"Something's coming!"Thorin yelled I looked at my surroundings in a panic but relaxed as it was just Radagast "Almara."Bilbo said as he grabbed my hand, I pulled out my sword just in case something came behind Radagast "Stay together! Hurry, now! Arm yourselves!"Gandalf yelled, as we waited, Radagast bursts through the bushes on his sled led by rabbits "Thieves! Fire! Murder!"He cursed under his breath "Radagast. It's Radagast the Brown!" Gandalf said as he calmed down "What on earth are you doing here?"I asked as I put my sword back in its holster "I was looking for you, Gandalf, Lady of-" "Shh..." I shushed him "Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong."Radagast said "Yes?"Gandalf gestured for him to continue, Radagast was about to speak when he stopped "Just give me a minute. Um...Oh! I had a thought and now I've lost it. It was...it was was right there, on the tip of my tongue! Oh! It's not a thought at all! It's a silly old... stick insect."Radagast said and sticks his tongue out, Gandalf removed the insect and gave it to Radagast "The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it, nothing grows anymore. At least nothing good. The air is foul decay, but worse are the webs."Radagast said "Webs? What do you mean?"I asked "Spiders, Almara!Giant ones. Some kind of spawn of Ungoliant, or I'm not a wizard. I followed their trail. They came from Dol Guldur."Radagast said "Dol Guldur? But the old fortress is abandoned."Gandalf said "No, Gandalf. It is not."Radagast said "A dark power dwells in there, such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits of the dead." "I saw him, Gandalf. From out of the darkness, the Necromancer has come!"Radagast looked shaken after telling the story "Sorry."he apologized "Try a little old Toby. It'll help setting your nerves."Gandalf said as he places his pipe in Radagast's mouth who inhales from the pipe "And out."I said and Radagast lets out the smoke thru his nose and looks a little more relaxed "Now, the Necromancer. Are you sure?"I asked him, he hands Gandalf what looked like a sword wrapped in a leather fabric "That is not from the world of the living."Radagast said gesturing the wrapped sword.

I sat down back leaning on a tree one leg pulled up to my chest, my eyes shot open as a howl was heard "Was that a wolf? Are there...are there wolves out there?"Bilbo asked as he heard the same thing "Wolves? No, that is not a wolf."Bofur said I looked up to see a war scout, I took out my bow and placed an arrow in it but before I could shoot, Kili had already shot him, another one ran towards us, this time I managed to shoot it first Kili's arrow hitting mine as his also got launched into the war scout's head.

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind!"Thorin said "Orc pack?"Bilbo asked frightened "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?"Gandalf asked "No one."Thorin said "Who did you tell?!" Gandalf raised his voice at Thorin "No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?"Thorin asked "You are being hunted."Gandalf said after an uncomfortable silence "We have to get out of here."Dwalin said "Of course what else should we do?"I asked with a sarcastic tone I looked over at Gandalf immediately regretting it from the stern look he was giving me "We can't! We have no ponies. They bolted."Ori said, "I'll draw them off."Radagast said nodding to himself "These are Gundabad wargs. They will outrun you!"I said as in the distance I saw orc now riding the war scouts "These are Rhosgobel rabbits. I'd like to see them try."Radagast said before speeding away with his sled led by Rhosgobel rabbits.