Chapter 3

As we were riding on our horses , it started raining "Here, Mr. Gandalf? Can't you do something about this deluge?"Dori asked "It is raining, master dwarf. And it will continue to rain until the rain is done! If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard."Gandalf said "Are there any?" "What?"Gandalf asked "Other wizards?"Bilbo asked, Gandalf looked at me I looked at him and nodded "There are six of us. The second greatest of our order is Saruman, The White. Then there are the two blue wizards. Do you know, I've quite forgotten their names."Gandalf said "And who are the others?"Bilbo asked confused "The greatest of our order is the lady of power, eldest daughter of Lord Elrond and Celebrian, the most powerful being of middle-earth, and then we have Radagast, the Brown."Gandalf said "Is he a great wizard or is he...more like you?" Bilbo asked "I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forestlands to the East, and a good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world."Gandalf said I looked at Bilbo as he looked fascinated "And what is the real name of the lady of power?"Bilbo asked as he looked at Gandalf "The name is unknown to most, there are few that know it."Gandalf said not giving Bilbo the answer to my name so easily.

***

As we stopped by an old ruined farm, I looked at Gandalf "Something doesn't feel right, Gandalf."I whispered "We'll camp here for the night. Fili, Kili, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them."Thorin instructed "A farmer and his family used to live here."Gandalf said to himself "Oin, Gloin."Thorin called  "Aye?" "Get the fire going."He instructed "Right you are."

"I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the hidden valley."Gandalf said "But I've told you already. I will not go near that place."Thorin declined "Why not? The Elves could help us, we could get food, rest, advice."Gandalf reasoned "I do not need their advice."Thorin declines, again "We have a map that we cannot read. My-"I said but quickly realized what I was about to say "Lord Elrond could help us."I said to Thorin "Help? A dragon attacks Erebor. What help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing! You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather, who betrayed my father."Thorin said "Not all Elves turned they're back to you,I got banished from the place I loved dearly, I got banished because I turned by back to my king and decided to help the helpless,and you know what I'm not pleased with some of the decisions that I've made the day I decided to help you, but in a some sort of way I'm still looking at you with the same respect I had for your father before you even existed, even your grandfather, so DONT say there didn't come help from the Elves, not only I got banished but the group I took with me, a group of Elven healers, they also got banished and I'm not putting at that weight on your shoulders because it is on mine!"I said maybe overreacting a little bit "You decided to help us."Thorin said "I should of never helped you Im should -o lonn let cin bel- in lúg naur"I said and stormed off.

As I sat down on the ground back resting on a tree one leg pulled up to my chest with my arm leaning on it and my eyes closed as I leaned my head on the tree,Gandalf suddenly walks off in frustration, I heard Bilbo talk to him but it didn't help with him staying "Is he coming back?"Bilbo asked as he came my way "I'm sure, he has never stayed away for more than a week, and also it isn't his fault these dwarves are so stubborn."

***

Later that night Bofur was making some stew, I looked at Bilbo who looked lost in his thoughts "He's been a long time."Bilbo said as he looked at the ground "Who?"Bofur asked "Gandalf."Bilbo replied still not looking up "He's a wizard! He does as he chooses. Here. Do us a favor, take this to the lads."Bofur said as he handed him and me a bowl with stew "Right behind you."I said as Bilbo waited for me, we walked to Kili and Fili who just stood there staring at the ponies "What's the matter?"Bilbo asked "We're supposed to be looking after the ponies."Kili said "Only we've encountered a slight problem."Fili said "We had sixteen."Kili said "Now there's fourteen."Fili said "Daisy and Bungle are missing."Kili said "What? Well, that's not good. And that is not good at all. Shouldn't we tell Thorin?"Bilbo asked worried "Uh...no. Let's not worry him. As our official burglar, we thought you might like to look into it."Fili protested "Well, uh...it looks as if something big uprooted these trees."Bilbo said "That was our thinking."Kili said "It's something very big, and possibly quite dangerous."Bilbo reasoned "Hey! There's a light."Fili said "Over here!"Fili said I handed the stew I had in my hands to Bilbo and took out my bow and one arrow "Stay down."I said "What is it?"Bilbo asked "Trolls."I said as I placed the arrow in my bow and was about to shoot until Kili lowered my bow, I looked at him while he was staring at the trolls, I put my arrow back in my quiver, but still had my bow in hand, just in case.