Eren's eyes began to light up once more. He then received one last push that filled him with strength, courage, and even warmth. The three words that he thought he would never hear ever again.

"Eren...I love you."

Eren's eyes fully lit up. Mikasa began to lean in and was blushing heavily. Eren noticed and knew what she was trying to do. Eren sniffled and stood up.

"Mikasa..."

"I will wrap that scarf around you as many times as you want. From here on out... Because..."

Eren looked to see the Smiling Titan was reaching its hand toward Eren. Ball of steam surrounded Eren's hands and began regenerating all his missing fingers. Eren let out a scream and punched the Smiling Titan's hand. He instantly felt a power awaken within him. The power surged all through his body. Eren's eyes began to fluctuate between a teal color and his normal emerald-green eyes. That was until his eyes finally settled into a teal with a glowing pink color. An aura of steam surrounded Eren, and he let out a cry. He punched the air and his cry turned into a roar as a Titan behind him launched itself toward the Smiling Titan. Eren turned around and grabbed Mikasa placing her on his back.

Mikasa looked back as a horde of Titans piled themselves on top of the Smiling Titan as they began to eat it. Eren kept quiet until.

"Mikasa."

Mikasa turned to look at Eren. Although she couldn't see his face.

"I... love you too."

Mikasa's eyes lit up and she dug her face into Eren's back. A faint smile grew on Eren's face. He was glad he could finally get that out of him. Eren ran with Mikasa on his back in comforting silence until they heard stomps coming their way. Eren and Mikasa looked up to see the Armored Titan. Eren stopped running and stood in the Armored Titan's way.

"Get away from us. I'll kill you. I'll tear you in half!" Eren shouted.

The horde of Titans that were eating the Smiling Titan set their sights on Reiner. The Titans began to go after Reiner and eventually tackled him to the ground. Eren began to run once again. Although Mikasa was shocked, she felt protected when she was with Eren. Eren kept running until he heard Armin shout at them. He was coming toward them with a spare horse and had an unconscious Jean with him.

"Eren! Get on!" Armin said and noticed Eren's eyes. He would much rather ask him about it later.

"Mikasa. Hold on tight. You'll be fine." Eren said reassuringly.

Mikasa did as she was told and Eren mounted the horse. The Survey Corps began to retreat. Mikasa fell asleep on Eren's back and Ymir said her final goodbyes to Historia and left. The Titans on the way back to the walls ignored the Survey Corps. They all got back safely.

*Time Skip*

Back in the Trost Distinct. Eren was with Armin, Mikasa, and Jean. Eren's eyes were still the same teal color. Armin decided to question Eren about it.

"Eren, what's going on? Your eyes they seem...different."

"I honestly couldn't tell you." Eren said.

"There were no casualties on the way back. The Titans completely ignored us. I suppose they acted that way because of you." Armin said getting closer to Eren.

Eren let out a slight gasp and then looked at his hand. Something clicked into his mind.

"Could it have been?"

The three turned to look at him.

"That Titan...The one from back home."

"I tried to punch it away to protect Mikasa. As soon as I punched it, a power awakened within me."

Eren then clenched his hand into a fist.

"Maybe it was that power that somehow allowed me to control them."

The three seemed shocked. Eren's eyes got half-lidded.

"I will make those two pay for what they did. Many soldiers died during the mission. I will not let their deaths be in vain...But on the bright side, I managed to get some weight out of my chest."

Mikasa looked down with a slight blush. Armin looked at Mikasa and caught on. A smile grew on his face.

"So, you finally-"

"Yes, Armin. Yes, I did." Eren said.

The four then got back to their duties as soldier. They still have to fight. With each mission comes great sacrifice to move humanity closer to the truth. Much blood was spilled during the retrieval mission and much more will be spilled. Who knows what they will be up against next. But for now, they can rest. The mission had a bittersweet conclusion.

To be Continued...