I puttered around the kitchen for another fifteen minutes making sure to get everything back in place. There was no way I could leave with things pulled apart. Once I was satisfied with my work I headed to my in-room bathroom in order to get showered and ready to meet Macy at The Brew Room by 7. I figured I would use my shower time to reflect on what I might want to wear tonight, hopefully eliminating options and killing two birds with one stone.

I pushed the shower curtain open and grabbed the towel that hung on the hook nearby, wrapping it around my body as I stepped out into the cool air. I ran my brush through my hair and plugged in my blow dryer to attempt tackling the tedious task of drying my hair. I was down to forty five minutes before I was going to have to leave to meet Macy at The Brew Room in time for Sam's gig.

Looking myself over in the mirror I was pretty impressed that I was able to pull myself together so quickly. I had decided on a sheer chiffon white blouse that I tucked into my distressed cut off jean shorts with my short suede tan booties on my feet. With the time I had to spare after applying my light make up and getting dressed, I styled my long blond hair into large loose curls. After giving myself the stamp of approval I looked over at the large blue numbers on my bed side clock. 6:43. It was time to leave or I was definitely going to be late.

I grabbed my purse and headed out the door hopping into my white Nissan Maxima. The Brew Room was about fifteen to twenty minutes from here and I really hoped I'd make it on time. Luckily Sam's gig didn't officially start until seven thirty; I just didn't want to leave Macy hanging. She would not be happy with me if she had to wait long for me to get there. Sometimes I wondered if she was still a teenage girl stuck in a woman's body, she wasn't one for doing things on her own when it came to social settings.

I pulled into the parking lot with three minutes to spare; somehow I had made it in record timing. I'm sure my bouts of speeding had something to do with that. I was just thankful I didn't get pulled over, the last thing I needed was for one of Kyle's police buddies to tell him he saw me speeding on the way to a bar, I would've gotten an ear full and would've never heard the end of it. As I approached the entrance of the bar I saw Macy standing by the door waiting for my arrival.

"Hey Mace." I called out to her as she brought her attention up to me and away from her phone.

"Hey girl." She dropped her phone into her purse as she pulled me into an embrace, "I figured I'd wait for you out here in case you tried to call or text. You look hot."

"Thanks." I laughed at her sudden topic change, "I can say the same to you."

"Well, let's go see what this is all about." Macy opened the door to the bar and we walked in. I will say I was shocked at the amount of people that were here, I was happy that Sam would have a pretty significant audience, "You wanna grab a drink first? Sam had said he was going to have a table for us up front."

"Yeah. I'd rather get one now and then find where he wants us sitting." My eyes scanned the bar trying to spot any sign of Sam but having no luck, "What are you drinking? First round is on me."

"A Long Island." She smiled mischievously at me, "You might be driving me home."

"Oh God." I jokingly rolled my eyes at her as I laughed; I knew how she got when she had one too many long islands.

When the bartender returned I gave him our drink order and handed him my card. As we waited for our order the butterflies that were beginning to multiply in my stomach were unreal and I was beyond relieved when the bartender returned with our drinks. I was definitely going to need this drink to take the edge of my nerves off; especially if I was supposed to have some kind of real conversation with Sam after all of this. I didn't know why I was so nervous, I guess it was the possibility that my future and someone else's depended on this.