"Bucky will you look at her!" Nats voice is piercing and demands attention of everyone in the room.

I can barely take a breath as sobs wreck my body, I'm not even sure why I'm crying so hard, I'm not a crier, and yet these last few weeks I've cried twice, it's almost embarrassing.

The group of them all turn and look at me, but anger surges through me suddenly as Bucky's angry face looks at me, he takes me in and his anger disappears, instead of fighting to get to Pietro he's pushing them off to get to me.

He reaches me and pauses, "I'm sorry."

I can't control the heavy breathes that wreck havoc on my chest, I feel like any words that escape me will choke me.

"Eden?" My dad walks towards us and looks between Bucky and I.

Looking at the concern on his face as he looks from me, his daughter, to this once angry and now full of sorrow man, my knees weaken beneath me and I step into my fathers arms, burying my face in his chest just to stop them all looking at me for a second.

His arms don't embrace me straight away, I wouldn't expect them to, since I can remember I've never hugged my father, it isn't something we've ever done, having him by my side for photos at his birthday party is as close as we've ever gotten.

I hear people in the room leaving as I finally feel his arms wrap me up in them.

"Sargent Barnes, why don't you take Eden to her room?"

What? Why?

I look up at my father, frowning and concerned, but he just gives me a reassuring smile, "I'll be up soon."

I look at Bucky, he's looking at me as though I'm made of glass, he puts his hand out to me and it's almost like I'm passed between these two men who I am still struggling to comprehend my feelings for in the most different of ways.

"I'm fine." I say and walk past his hand. I can't bare to let him hold my hand when I'm this angry with him.

I walk through the hall, past Clint, Steve and Natasha, they say nothing. I walk up the stairs and to my room, I allow Bucky to follow me, it feels like that first day I met him as he walks behind me and grabs my door handle before I can do so myself.

Words are clouding my mind, I want to scream at him, I want to cry, and yet I want to allow him to hold me and never let go.

Bucky shuts the door behind him as we enter my room. I stand in the middle of the rug, between the bed and the desk, turned away from him, I rub my palms against my face and squeeze my eyes shut, holding in my temptation to scream out my frustration.

Finally I face him, and he's stood waiting, nervous, against the door.

I've never seen Bucky nervous and I have to admit, it's slightly endearing.

I step towards him and he seems to tense up, I try to smile as I shake my head at him and hold out my hands, he closes the distance between us in two strides and encloses me in his arms as if he'll never get the chance again.

"I'm sorry Eden, I'm so sorry. I don't ever want you to be scared of me." He speaks into my neck and I can't help but let out a breathy laugh against his chest, I pull away and hold his face in my hands, my eyes scan him, I can tell he genuinely believes I was scared of him.

"Bucky! I wasn't scared of you, I was scared for you."

His eyebrows pull together, confused, he doesn't understand.

"Wanda is Pietros sister, no matter what he does. If you went in there trying to kill him, you would be dust-"

My choice of words, my dream, I feel sick. I have to swallow down the bile that's came up my throat, tears fill my eyes again.