Chapter Fifty-Five : what did we end up becoming?

ابدأ من البداية

"I do, you don't?" he looked at me.

"Not when it comes to my souvenirs, but we'll go," I started to walk towards the door and Parker followed, opening the door for me.

"I'm not trying to stop you from getting it, if you want it then go for it. I just think it's weird to spend a lot of money that's been used."

"No, I need to find something that really screams me," we walked further down and window shopped for the most part. We ended up getting our ice cream, Parker went in to grab it while I went back to the first shop. I had been looking at this painting for a couple minutes. Something about it, I was never into art but this time it made me feel something. Like I could find peace in everything, to not let my doubts break me from my wants.

"My great grandmother painted it," the store owner came up to me and I looked at her.

"It's beautiful," I commented.

"I had so many of her paintings hanging up in my house, this one had been in the attic for awhile. I was skeptical of putting it on sale, I know there's a couple chips in the paint but I wanted to see if anyone would buy it."

I nodded, maybe I should buy it.

"Paige," Parker opened the door and looked at me balancing our ice cream in his hands, "come on, your ice cream's melting."

"I'll probably be back for it," I looked at her and she nodded, waving me off.

I took my ice cream from Parker, "how much do I have to pay you back?" I asked about licking the ice cream.

"Come on Paige, you don't have to repay me," he shook his head.

"Isn't that the sweatshirt you liked?" I asked pointing at the window of the displayed sweatshirt Parker had been looking at.

"Yeah but I need to see about the quality of it."

He won't buy anything if it doesn't have good quality, he can be annoying sometimes when we go out to the mall. That's why I stopped pulling him along to come with me for clothes or stuff.

"You wanna right now?" I looked at him and he shook his head, "no, not right now. Did you wanna walk over to the beach?" he asked me.

"Sure," I nodded and we went off towards the beach. I couldn't find Malcolm with the herd of people there.

"The beach is pretty crowded," he commented.

"I know, I don't know how Malcolms gonna pick just one girl in this mess of people," I smiled at Parker half joking.

"Malcolm does have a tendency to pick the first girl that comes up to him, that's how he got Madi right off the bat."

"She was never truly there for him though," I sighed, "but he still gave in anyways."

"He saw something in her that made him stay," Parker said, "we all blind ourselves when we just want to be loved. I did and looked how me and Haylee turned out. Two messed up teens."

What about us Parker? What did we end up becoming?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"How was exploring the town?" my mom asked as we were all sitting at the table.

I went back to the shop and found the painting I had been looking at since seeing it this morning was gone. Apparently some guy had come in and bought it. I should've bought it when I had the chance. Nothing else in that shop resonated with me but that painting.