Chapter Forty-Seven : his pretty little lies

Start from the beginning

"Because what?" I looked him in the eyes and I knew nothing could make me believe him because the evidence was in his phone.

"I'm in love with you," he said it and I shook my head in denial.

"No," I whispered, "Parker you're not in lo," I couldn't even say it, "just take your phone please and leave," I held out his phone for him to take it and he wouldn't.

"Paige," he began.

"Stop Parker, please just leave. Go back to her, go anywhere else but here," I shook for him to take his phone from me and he wouldn't.

"What about the promise we made? Nora? Her birthday? I'm just not supposed to be here anymore?" he asked.

I sighed, "We, ummm," I couldn't think straight, "we won't tell anyone we broke up until after her birthday but I can't," I took in a sharp breath, "I can't be around you anymore."

"Paige, I didn't sleep with Haylee," he grabbed my arms and pulled me close to him and I gave in to listen to his pretty little lies, "what if I can prove it?"

"It doesn't matter, we can't continue this facade. At one point or another this will end."

"I wasn't lying when I told you I'm in love with you. I am, and I'd rather lose you knowing then lose you without," he looked at me and I pulled back.

"You're not supposed to fall," and I said it like he wasn't supposed to when in reality I wasn't supposed to, but I did, "I'm not who you want Parker."

"Paige, look at you," he motioned to all of me and I interrupted him.

"Yeah Parker look at me, really look. Take off those rose colored glasses and look. You don't want me, you don't like me, and you never will," I took his hands and put his phone in his hand, "it's her you really want."

"Why do you put that in your head?" he asked.

"Because look at her! She's beautiful, she's everything and more. She has you wrapped around her damn finger and you give in every time! Haylee has been there every fucking time! What really happened then last night? If you really told her how you felt about me then why did you get into bed with her?"

"She said she needed me to be her comfort, to be there but I didn't fuck her! I don't know why I trusted that, maybe it was the alcohol but Paige you," I interrupted him.

"You're there when she needs you Parker, constantly being the hero. You were there at the dance and yeah you got locked in a classroom but you followed her there. If you really were in lo," saying it was hard but I tried to push through, "with me you wouldn't go chasing after her."

"I," he couldn't even fight back on that because he knew there was truth in it, "if I had to pick between you and Haylee it would always be you. I care about Haylee and that's it, I'm sorry I couldn't hate her like you do. But if officially removing her from my life is what will make you feel better I'll do it Paige."

I shook my head, that's not what I want. I never wanted to be the jealous nagging girl to get the guy she wants, I wanted to be the type of girl who doesn't get jealous, "We won't work, I'm becoming someone I can't recognize, I shouldn't," if I allowed myself to finish that sentence I'd be allowing myself to accept that I love him, "Parker you are your own person, if removing Haylee from your life makes you feel better than do it. Don't do it on my end, me lashing out a few minutes ago was a mistake and should not have happened. I'll see you on Saturday for Nora's birthday and then on Sunday we'll break up," I looked at him and it's like his will to fight, stopped. I've officially drained Parker.

"So that's it, this was always just one sided," Parker looked at me, "all the subtle hints, all of it was to play the part. There were never feelings?"