ブランコの少年

ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒʸ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʷⁱⁿᵍˢ
When Jisung came to the earth he was 12 years old. His arms and legs were a bit too long for his body, but his eyes were already as deep and dark as an ocean and his hair was bright blue so that he could be recognized from far away.

Nobody asked questions when he suddenly, in the middle of the night, appeared on the stairs of a small house near the woods, where a woman lived. A woman that knew the old legends and fairytales and who knew where this boy came from.

She immediatly accepted him and treated Jisung like her own son even though he could only go out at night, when everyone was asleep and the stars sparkled at the sky. He slept while everyone went to school or shopping,while kids played outside and couples went out for dates, when groups of teenagers went to the cinema and the city would vibrate from the sound of motors roaring and chatter flooded through the streets.

But Jisung enjoyed being outside at night, when it was only him and the darkness, when it was silent and he could go to the  swings alone, without tripping over little children or that his ears would ring from the annoying high-pitched sound of crying and laughter.

That is why he sat on the swing of a playground, his long legs scraping over the ground and his eyes closed while he concentrated on the quiet sound of the wind that brushed through the leaves oft he old oak-trees surrounding the place. He loved to be alone with his thoughts, it did not scare him like it would do to other people who were terrified that their thoughts would get too loud and they would drown in them.

Jisung was not scared. Never. Not of the darkness nor of his own thoughts. At the moment he was thinking about something harmless but deep.
When he turned fifteen, his mom; yes, he called the woman that more or less adopted the boy his mom, told him a story about the night when he was born. She told Jisung that when the sun rose after that night, another boy was created by the universe. A boy that could only go out at daytime. It made him curious and Jisung wanted to know who that boy was. But ironically, he would never be able to do that, fuck the gods or whatever decided that he only could go outside at night.
Jisung stood up from the swing and made his way to the woods, where a small lake was, surrounded by wild-flowers. The playground layed in the middle of the small town so that Jisung had to walk through the streets for a while, his gaze gliding over all the windows of the houses that looked like dark holes staring at him.

Usually, there was never light behind one of these glasses, it was nearly 2 am in the morning. But today, something was different. When Jisung went past a house with a bright, yellow facade and small bushes in the garden, he saw dim light shining through one  of the  windows on the first floor.
His eyes wandered up to certain window and he spotted a figure sitting on the fence, his head leaning against the windowframe of the closed glass. He could not see any details due to the darkness but something made him stand there and look up to the window.

After a few moments the blue-haired shook his head as if getting rid of a trance and stalked away, continuing his way to the woods.