Chapter Forty : he wasn't picky

Start from the beginning

"I'm just a little tired, no big deal though." After I got Paige back to sleep I went back on the couch even after her fighting sleep to make me stay on the bed.

"No, we can do gingerbread houses tomorrow," she shook her head like it was no big deal, "or the next day since Christmas is tomorrow."

"No we can do it today, then I'll head home."

She looked at me conflicted, "You Parker are too good to be true."

I smiled and shook my head, "I'm just trying to make Nora happy."

"She'll always be happy with you. You in her eyes will always be perfect."

"It's because she's got those blue eyes, she knows what perfection is," I smiled and Paige rolled her eyes.

"Go change," she said and I went my way to the bathroom to change.

I got the pjs on and I was surprised how well Kayla got my size right.

I walked out and Paige and Nora were already set up at the table.

Nora patted the seat in between Paige and her.

"Hey Parker," Kayla then said my name and I looked up and nodded at her before she came to the table.

Paige looked up at Kayla waiting for her to acknowledge that she exists too.

"Did you know that Paige was trying to get with Josh?' Kayla then asked.

Paige rolled her eyes.

"Was she?" I looked at Paige playing along with the bullshit.

"Yeah, she called him and left a long message. I heard it you whore," she looked at Paige with disgust.

"I did too, and also the countless times he tried to get her to drop me. He never mentioned that you two were still together."

"You're lying," Kayla looked at me like she didn't want to believe me.

"He didn't care which, as long as the last name was Porter. He wasn't picky."

"Well we weren't really together but we kept in contact with one another."

"So all that time he didn't let you know that he was trying to get down with your sister?"

"She wanted him!" Kayla pointed out.

"Don't even start Kayla, you knew I liked Josh before and yet you took him anyway. This isn't news to you! Yes I said the things I did on the phone, I wasn't in my right mind. If I really wanted to ruin the friendship I would've done it sober and not with who knows how much in my system."

"You were seconds anyways," Kayla rolled her eyes, "to either of them," she then looked at me, "hows Haylee?"

"Don't," I shook my head, "I'm not another one of your pawns Kayla. I don't want to get into bed with you like Josh and Noah would."

She smiled, "Ha, say what's right with your girlfriend in the room. But you will, they always do," she got up and walked away.

"I'm not in the mood for gingerbread houses now," Paige commented.

"She's trying to get to you Paige, using what she thinks will make you vulnerable. She just wants revenge for the fact that she knows deep down Josh wants you. She likes to have control, she's in most ways like Haylee. Where do you think Haylee learned how to act? It's not just the money that talked," I looked at her.

"Kayla's pretty enough," she looked at me and I wondered if she was scared that I'd become like everyone else or if her insecurities were showing a little extra. I didn't know whose faith she lacked more, me or herself.

"Confidence doesn't always equal beauty. Her ego's big and that's something that takes a special someone to get to tear it down."

"She could have you if she really wanted to, Parker," Paige looked at me then.

So it was me who she lacked faith in.

"But he wants you," Nora then said.

"Stop putting in your mind that I'd become Josh. You're beautiful Paige, it's you. If I really wanted Kayla why would I go through and hurt you to do it? Does that sound like me? Does any of what you say sound like me? You know me, do you not?"

Paige paused before nodding, "I do."

"Then stop letting her get inside your head," I looked at her and she nodded.

"Right."

"You're a boss ass bitch!" Nora commented and we both looked at her surprised, "What I saw on tv, I'm trying to be supportive."

"She's right you know," I looked at Paige and she smiled.

"You two are trouble."

A/N- since I posted the last chapter late I decided to post this one sooner and due to some personal issues I've been dealing with recently it would make my life a little easier if I posted this chapter now. Happy reading!