Chapter Forty : he wasn't picky

Start bij het begin

"Because I didn't want to worry you guys and what could you have done?" she looked at both of them, "I think we handled the problem perfectly."

"No you didn't," her mom shook her head, "we are your parents Paige, we are here for help. I'd like to see my daughter walk through that door in one piece!" her mom loved her, "and you Parker, I want to see you alive and well. I know you aren't our son but you still have a special place in my heart. Why didn't you go against Paige and call?"

"Right because going against his girlfriend makes sense," Paige sat back and shook her head, "he trusted and respected my wishes mom."

"I think that's just dumb," her mom then said.

"Did anything else happen?" Her dad then asked looking at me.

"We should've stayed at my dads, this wouldn't have happened if we just stayed but him and I got in a fight so I pushed that we left. Because of my poor choice I put Paige and I's life in danger."

"You didn't know that, that semi would be coming at us, he didn't know. Either way you wouldn't have been happy with the outcome. It could've been another family then and what if they weren't paying attention? I'm glad that you were driving, you know your truck inside and out and I trusted you," Paige looked at me as if we were the only two in the room, "stop blaming yourself for an outcome that wasn't in sight. We're alive are we not? You're okay and so am I."

"Paige is right Parker, I'd rather you have been driving than anyone else," her dad said, "I'm glad you guys are okay."

"Thank you sweetheart for taking care of our baby girl," Paige's mom got up and held her hands out for a hug which I gave and she kissed my cheek, she looked at me as if she knew about Paige's rough night last night.

Both Paige's parents walked out of the den and Paige got up, "can you stay for gingerbread houses?" she asked.

"You still aren't tired of me?"

"Of course not," she smiled, "besides I promised Nora that you'd do gingerbread houses when we got back so," she smiled guiltily.

"I guess I can for a little while," I commented.

"Great!" she smiled.

"Parker!" Nora called holding out a bag and I looked at Paige confused and she looked just as confused.

"Kayla took me shopping yesterday and I saw cute pjs and I thought we could twin!" she smiled, "well not twin but triplet!"

"Did you get our sized right babes?" Paige opened the bag and pulled it out.

"Kayla guessed that Parker and Malcolm are kinda the same size and then she knew yours because she was wearing your clothes," Nora then looked shocked as she had admitted that, "which Kayla told me not to tell you."

"Of course she did," Paige then looked up at me, "did you want to change into your pjs?"

"Um," I didn't know if it would make sense to.

"Please Parker!" Nora begged, "I promise there won't be any pictures!"

"Okay I will then," I smiled as Paige handed me the top and bottom.

Nora ran off with hers and up the stairs.

"There will be pictures, but you knew that didn't you?" she looked at me and I nodded.

"I assumed there would be," I commented.

"Are you doing okay?" Paige asked me and I saw that she was worried, "since coming inside the house you've been different. If you don't want to stay and just go home I'll understand, Nora will understand."