Chapter Thirty-Seven : did they notice you?

Start from the beginning

What did he want now?

"Hello?" I waited.

"Why'd you call me on Parker's phone? Where's yours. Somethings wrong, I can feel it. Where's Parker?"

"Nothings wrong, stop being weird."

"It's twin telepathy, something's off. Give the phone to Parker," he demanded.

"Parker's on my phone, on a call with," I hesitated, "with Connor."

"Wrong, Connor is in the kitchen with Kayla and mom," he then said.

"No he's not. Kayla said she's not coming home for christmas," I shot back.

"She lied, she surprised all of us and guess what, Connor and Kayla never broke up. Well they did but got back together a month later. Something he didn't let us know about," Malcolm waited for my shocked reaction but I wasn't reacting much. I was too focused elsewhere.

"Interesting, well I have to go figure out what's going on right now so I'll talk to you later. See you tomorrow, bye."

I grabbed the ibuprofen to find that it was empty, crap I remember saying I needed to fill it up.

"Hey we're gonna try to pull the truck out now, can you put the car in neutral!" one of the girls said and I nodded moving away from the truck as they started to pull.

I grabbed the keys and turned it on before putting the car in neutral as they asked before turning it off and moving away from the car.

I put my thumb up as they pulled to get something going but they ended up sliding too not moving Parker's car an inch.

Parker had gotten off the phone and came over.

"Let me try to reverse while you guys pull," Parker commented, handing my phone to me and getting in his truck.

They once again started to pull and he went in reverse and with luck we got out of the ditch.

I sent my mom a hotel that was a mile away from us and texted back saying she'd get us a room in no time.

"Paige," Parker called my name and I looked up to see him holding a coat for me.

I walked up the ditch and grabbed the coat as the girls talked to him about something, I wasn't too focused like I should've been. I was still in shock, did this all happen?

I remember the call, when Kenzie and Lillith got in the accident. Kenzie wasn't wearing a seatbelt, she was trying to grab something for Lillith that fell and she didn't realize that she had gotten in the other lane. Lilith was distracted by something on her phone that she couldn't warn Kenzie. The truck hit her car and they spun out of control before another car hit them from the driver side before flipping it. Kenzie was thrown three hundred feet out and Lillith was still in the car dangling from her seatbelt. Lillith was in a coma for three months before waking up to find that Kenzie was gone. I remember Lilith's hatred for herself, how much anger she had for herself. I can't, I can't ever go through that. Especially with Parker.

I looked up at him and he looked okay, a little tired but okay.

My phone started to vibrate and I answered walking a couple feet away from Parker and the two girls, "the only room open was a single room, now I won't know and I'm not going to tell your father that I got you a room with one bed. Do what you will, if you sleep in the same bed don't tell me, if you don't, don't tell me. Just be safe, peanut, I know Parker will take care of you. If anything happens, anything at all please call me," she begged, "I love you honey and can't wait to see both you and Parker tomorrow."