Chapter Thirty-Three : where's prince charming?

Start from the beginning

"Paige, can you put my phone and keys in your weird purse thing," Parker came towards me and Mason looked offended.

"Mason! Don't correct him, just let him have this one," I opened it and Parker threw his phone and keys in it.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood!" Mason said as he looked back at his car, "I will see you two in there," before he turned around and went to his car to figure out the whole Brooks situation.

"What's it even called?" Parker asked me to take my hand.

I shrugged my shoulders unsure myself, "I don't know, I stopped him because he'd go on a long rant about whatever this thing is and I'm saving both of our ears."

"Isn't it a strapless purse?" Parker then said.

"A clutch actually," Madi appeared in front of us as we entered the doors with Malcolm next to her.

"I see you're still in the presence of our lives," I looked behind her then to see if there was any way out of this encounter only to find Haylee. I wasn't sure who I'd prefer.

"You look beautiful Paige," Madi smiled at me like she was actually going to change.

"Thank you, Mason dressed both Parker and I. Well he helped with Parker's tie and corsage."

"Not the corsage, I did that all on my own. He really tried to tell you he got it?" Parker then asked.

"I wasn't really listening, he goes into full detail about everything and I was trying to study for a test that hour," I then admitted.

"Malcolm and I tried to match as much as possible, he only just asked me yesterday but I think we did good with the maroon. What do you think?" she then looked at me.

"What would I know, if you don't mind I'd like to get to the dance," I grabbed Parker's hand and pulled him away from the two of them.

"You'll never forgive her will you?" Parker then asked once we got to the gym doors.

"It's like looking at a bomb, I know she's ticking and yet the one person who can detonate it is letting it tick. I'm not going to pretend to like her or accept that she's there. I won't let her ever think I like her as a person, especially for Malcolm," I walked in but Parker pulled me back to him and I looked at him.

"He loves her," he lowered his voice so it was only the two of us.

"And you loved Haylee, love doesn't mean you stop doing what'll be healthier for you."

"He just wants you to give her another shot and you keep shooting his hopes down when you tear her down like that," he pushed a strand of hair that must have fallen from the bun Mason had done thirty minutes ago.

"I'm getting a drink," I muttered, walking away from him and going to grab a drink to try to remove the guilt Parker had placed in my head.

"You look," Mateo looked down at me and then back up before looking into my eyes, "Parker is lucky."

I smiled, "you don't think I look too fairytale?" I smiled and he shook his head.

"No, you look beautiful Paige."

I turned around to find Parker but he wasn't at the door anymore, "thank you Mateo. Have you happened to see Parker? I just left him at the door not even a minute ago."

"No, I was meaning to talk to him," he cleared his throat.

"Well if you see him tell him I'll be sitting over there," I pointed to the table Mason got at.