Chapter Twenty : i'm not yours anymore

Start from the beginning

"I don't know but he's cute, not like Parker but he's hot," she said as they turned down another hallway.

Paige stopped at the doors of the library and I looked down at her and saw how exhausted she was, "Will you be okay?" I asked her worriedly.

"I'll be perfectly fine, and if I'm not well then I'll call home and go home to get myself together," she looked up at me and smiled at me to try to make me believe how okay she'll be.

I kissed her cheek and pulled away then knowing how my caring for her is turning into feelings we both promised silently to never have for one another, "okay, text me if something does though," I walked towards the cafeteria knowing if I stayed any longer I wouldn't let her have time for herself. Just seeing Paige like this, so distracted, so not herself. It made me worried, made me angry that I didn't meet those guys myself, that I didn't take her to work that night, what the hell was I thinking doing that?

I made it to the table after standing in line and Malcolm straightened up in his seat knowing I was finally there. He leaned over so the other guys wouldn't hear.

"How is she? Where is she?" Malcolm asked worried about his sister for the first damn time.

"It doesn't matter, your priorities weren't there in the beginning so don't fucking try to get into it now because Madi's not over here," I said spiteful.

"Come on, that's not fucking fair," he sat back in his seat and I knew I hit a spot he didn't like.

I knew talking about the subject with others around wasn't a good idea and I wasn't going to spill her life story in front of the guys and everyone else.

"She's okay, leave it at that," I said shoving my food in my mouth to stop myself from beating his ass for being the brother he pretends to be at school versus at home. Since Madi and Malcolm became official publicly his image is so focused on her that he dropped his one true supporter, his own twin sister.

"No say it, I know you fucking want to," Malcolm waited for me to yell, to throw punches but I sat there silent, it wasn't right for me to throw punches at him for being who he was. This wasn't my place to get pissed off at him, it was his and Paiges.

He got up angry and looked down at me, "Say it!" he yelled, "fucking say it or I will," he waited and I needed him to calm down, this outbreak would hurt more than just him.

"Malcolm sit down you're making a scene," Madi said at his side, "baby sit down please," she looked at him but not wanting to touch him afraid he'd hit her but Malcolm would never.

"Your some fucking hero aren't you, some fucking prince charming always saving her, always being there. I'm an asshole of a brother and I fucking know it but how can I compete with you? You're my dad's favorite and you're not even his," Malcolm had to be on something, this wasn't like him. He sat down, "brav fucking o to you Parker Greyson you saved her life from being fucking raped, fucking molested from two grown ass men and you were there when I wasn't. Your always fucking there," Malcolm laughed unhumored, "Hell her own friends agree huh babe," Madi couldn't look at me.

So her whole friend group knows what happened and they still treat her like shit because she's with me. The jealousy of Malcolm rubbed off on Madi and her friends to disown Paige because of me.

"Wow," I shook my head, "damn Malcolm you didn't have to let that build inside you like you did. If you fucking hated me so much then why not tell me?" I looked at him and his eyes couldn't stay focused, Malcolm was never into drugs before, drinking at parties for sure but like this, fuck no.

"Parker, he doesn't mean anything he's saying," Madi tried to resolve the problem. But the problem was that Malcolm felt sorry for himself and he let himself throw a pity party without communicating. Leaving not only me in the dark but his own sister. That's fucked up.

I got up, threw my lunch away and went to the library to find Paige typing away.

I sat next to her and she looked over at me, "hey, you okay?"

"Malcolm blurted out pretty much a gist of what happened on Friday, he's on something and gave a hint that he was jealous of me," I looked at her, "and that he hated me."

Paige stopped typing all together and sat back, "Oh," she said then looking at her screen, "even he's not reliable anymore."

"Paige, your friends know what happened to you on Friday."

"I know, Mason came up to me and told me he'd do anything to help. I only ever really hung out with Mason anyways, he was always there. Madi, Ruby and Ella always wanted to toss me out. But taking Malcolm with them I didn't see that coming," she looked straight ahead unsure of what to say.

"I probably shouldn't go over to your house tonight," I shook my head, "not until Malcolm calms down and wants to talk," I commented and she nodded agreeing.

"Coming over today would feed into his anger and I don't want your guys friendship to go down because he's being stupid and not knowing whats good for him right now," Paige said.

"You can come over though if you wanted to, to my place," I looked and her before realizing how much of what I said sounded very fuck boy energy and before I could correct myself Paige responded.

"Yeah," she nodded before typing away again.