Chapter Fourteen : she likes you, connor isn't you.

Start from the beginning

I heard buzzing coming from the table and got up to get what I thought was my phone to find Malcolms phone. It was Paige, I answered expecting a calm and collected Paige but what I got was far from calm.

"Malcolm, Malcolm," she said, rushed and terrified, "I don't know what to do."

"Woah woah woah, Paige it's Parker," I tried to get her to slow down.

"I swear I called Malcolm," she started to cry and I went searching for my keys then about to come get her.

"Paige what happened, did something happen at work? Where are you?" I put on my shoes before realizing I couldn't just leave Nora here while her brother was fucking Madi upstairs.

"I'm in the school parking lot, I'm scared to come home," she whispered as if someone was listening.

"I'm coming, don't move," I made my way up the stairs half way and Nora followed.

"No don't leave me here all alone, let me come with you!" Nora begged.

"Malcolm come on, somethings up with Paige! She's at the school!" I yelled from the bottom of the steps before turning to Nora who looked hopeful and if it was any other day where life seemed chaos free I'd be okay with it but it wasn't like any other day.

"Nora, Paige," I couldn't tell her that Paige was panicking because Nora was already worried about her, "Paige isn't feeling well and doesn't want you to see her sick, she'll give you a hug and a kiss goodnight okay?" I looked at her and she frowned.

"Okay," but she was understanding.

"Paige, I'm gonna call you on my phone okay," I dialed her number and she answered it.

"Don't hang up please," she begged.

"I'm not going too but I do want you to let me know what happened," I commented running to my truck before driving off to the school.

She told me and the fear in her voice, the shakiness and constant image of her turning her head with panic in her eyes just by seeing headlights in the rearview mirror.

"Did they follow you after?" I asked her.

"I, I saw them turn down the road I did but I lost them while trying to call Malcolm. Why didn't he answer, what was he doing?" she sniffled.

Telling her that her brother was fucking her best friend instead of being there by his phone was something I didn't want to tell her but lying to her wasn't something I wanted to do either.

"Paige, where'd you park at? I'm by the school," I tried to change the subject.

"By the football field," she mentioned.

I saw her car parked and parked right next to it before getting out to look for any bugs or anything they could've put on her car, she got out a few minutes later and crossed her arms like she was cold, it was chilly.

"Are you cold?" I asked her and she shook her head no but I took off my jacket anyways and handed it to her.

"Parker," she whispered my name like it was her breaking point before falling into tears, seeing her break down was nothing I had seen from her and so I pulled her into me and she held on tight, "why did you do that," she cried.

"You looked cold," I mentioned realizing her hair smelt like coconut and something else, "I'm not going to be an asshole and let you freeze."

"You were supposed to just ignore the whole thing, I was barely holding on by a string and you go and crush that by being your stupid kind self," she wiped her eyes.