Chapter 26: We promised

・▼
The 'S' doors open. As two pre-teens walk through the doors. Sounds of Skateboards and people yelling, they both walk towards two adults. "Hey.." Miya spoke. The two adults look towards him "Hello.." Says Cherry. Y/n walks over to Cherry and grabs his hand "Are you okay, Sorry for not visiting you in the hospital, wait... you should be resting!" Cherry sweatdropped, and Pats the kids head and slightly smiles. "I'm okay thanks for worrying." Y/n Sighs in relief. Then a black-haired boy walks behind her and puts a hand on her shoulder. "She was very worried Cherry.." He says. Joe rubs the (H/c) haired girl's head.

"We were all worried. But right now Cherry is healing and safe that's what matters." Y/n nods at his statement. She looks up to the Billboard and sees that Reki is going up against ADAM. Her hands started to sweat and she tugged Joe. He looked down on her and she pointed to the billboard with Reki and ADAM. "Oh, you don't know that Reki, is going up against ADAM?" She shook her head. She looks towards Miya. "Did you know?" He nodded. " And you didn't tell me ?!" She says slightly loud. Joe saw the break out between them and he grabbed the girl and pulled her next to him so they wouldn't fight. She folded her arms.

"A smile can't win against the evil overlord." Miya says, Y/n still mad at Him but nodded agreeing with him. Reki might lose against ADAM and she's worried about his safety. "Drop out immediately if things start looking bad." Joe tells Reki. While he just stands there in front of them. Y/n didn't notice he was here. "It's not guaranteed that I'm gonna lose. Well, it's not guaranteed that I'm going win, either." He looks down to his skateboard in his hand "But this time, I'm definitely not gonna back down. I don't wanna be disappointed in myself anymore." He says, Y/n walks towards Miya. " 'A born fool is never cured, they say." He says then Miya grabs Y/n's hand and drags her with him.

Y/n watch the cameras as both Reki and ADAM start skating. ADAM going fast than Reki as expected. "See, he can't put a fight whatsoever." Miya said "Even then...Reki is going slower than usual." Cherry comments. Y/n grabs Miya's hand. He notices and held it tightly. 'Is he hesitating?' she thought.

ADAM started to do the Love hug on Reki. Y/n squeezed his hand and Miya gently did it too. "He's doing it.." Joe says. The (H/c) girl watches closely. As  ADAM tricked Reki with the love hug. ADAM was going to do it again. "Getaway, Reki!" Miya yells.

ADAM  grabbed Reki and threw him on the floor. "Reki!" Langa and Y/n yelled worriedly. "A flash victory?" " Hold out a bit longer, will ya?" Y/n was furious with all the people making those s Comments. 'Oh ya well how about you skate with ADAM how long will you hold up?' She says in her head not wanting to start a fight with an adult.

"Don't stand up, idiot!" She came back to her senses and heard Miya yell. "Just take the loss!!" Y/n silently agreed with her boyfriend. She didn't want a close friend to get hurt like Cherry or SHADOW.

ADAM elbowed him in the gut. And Y/n goes and hides behind Miya. He looks down not wanting to see what happens next. Y/n hugs Miya from Behind. Not knowing that She had a few tears in her eyes.

"That guy's gonna get murdered." Y/n hugged Miya tightly. Miya could feel her Trembling. Reki was pushed in a rock while screaming. Miya ran towards Joe and While Y/n sat down and hugged her knees. "let's make him stop, Joe!" Miya requested. "That's useless." The man in the red hat says. "ADAM won't stop tonight until that boy is taken out.." He continued. "Reki isn't gonna simply go down, either." Langa Says "and your grounds are..." Langa's eyes didn't leave the screen "We promised ."

Y/n felt a tap in her head and looked up to see Miya. He held out a hand for her to grab. Y/n grabs it and stands up. Miya held her hand tightly again. "I'm worried too." He says. Y/n looks back to the Screen to see Reki going faster and... "is he planning on jumping off the cliff?!?" Cherry asked, Y/n was shocked. "That's too reckless!" She yells

The red-haired boy. Jumps off and Started to Skate down on the rocks. Y/n could see that She thought he was flying.

Both kids had tears in their eyes from worrying about Reki's safety. "What was that?" Y/n asked, and Put her head on Miya's shoulder. "Far from satisfying!"

Y/n felt Rain droplets on her head and she looks up. 'Rain..' she thought. "Miya it started to rain.." she whispered. Miya nodded "I know.." he whispered back. "He has even less of a chance to win in this condition." He says

They see how ADAM started to slip while. Reki kept skating normally. "Reki's pulling ahead!" Y/n sighed in relief. ADAM kept slipping. The H/c haired girl was laughing silently at him. ' take that loser' she mocked him in her head. "Those wheels... They're wheels for the rainy weather." Langa said

"There are special grooves on them so he won't slip even in their rain, On the other hand, he'll be slower than usual in the clear weather." He continued. Y/n nodded "Smart move.." She Commented, " So that's why he was slow in the first half." Says Cherry. Y/n looked next to her to see Miya with a big smile on his face. She couldn't help but smile. She couldn't stop looking at him.

Then she quickly turned away when he started to move his head to respond to cherry. "Then, he was predicting that rain would start falling."

"Reki was betting on this." Langa response. Suddenly ADAM was going to use the same technique he used on Cherry. "The technique that Defeated Cherry!" Joe yells. "You shouldn't take that hot!" "REKI!!" Both kids Yell

Reki dodged it and ADAM actually slipped and fell on his face. When Y/n saw this She started to Laugh.

She heard laughing and it was Joe and Cherry. "Take the L ADAM!!" She yells and keeps laughing. Miya started to slightly giggle. "All right! The slime defeated the evils overlord!" Miya says. Y/n hugged Miya's side.

"I'm not 'redhead' I'm Reki!" He says loud and proud.

"Just a bit more Reki!" Langa yells, "You can win this!" Both Pre-Teens yell. Then ADAM started to catch up and jumped off then made a new shortcut by breaking down Iron "hurry Reki!!" Y/n yelled

Reki's Wheel broke and he falls.

Everyone started to cheer for him. "He's not moving!" Someone said Both Langa and Y/n pushed the people out the way "Reki!" They both yell. Y/n crouched down to his level "Are you okay?" Langa asked Reki starts to laugh "Skating really is super fun, after all!" Y/n sighed and stood up

"I swear you guys are the death of me..." she giggled

Words: 1,199