10

Lex wakes with a heavy heart. She doesn't even need to look at her phone to know what day it is. 14th May. Ethan's 20th birthday. She glances at the sleeping mass of her sister. She drags herself out of bed. As she exits the bedroom, she bumps into Tom.
"Hey Lex. What's wrong, you look upset?"
He doesn't know.
"Nothing just feeling ill."
Tom nods, assuming it is nausea and he gives her a clear path to the bathroom. Lex smiles a fake smile but instead, descends the stairs.

Lex struggles through the day, with no one realising how upset she truly is. Hannah is aware why she would be sad but doesn't realise to what extent how terrible Lex feels. She manages to keep up the act, however her emotions aren't all that pains her. The baby keeps hitting her stomach. Lex continues however, braxton hicks are very convincing.

Becky picks up a card, unable to block Alice's King. She turns to Lex who is zoned out.
"Lex?"
"Huh? Sorry zoned out for a second there. My turn? Do I pick up?"
Alice groans.
"Becky just picked up, do you even care about this game?"
Her words sting, however Lex keeps it under wrap. She puts down a run: 9,8 5,4,3 of spades, 3 of hearts, 3 and 2 of diamonds. Suddenly, she goes stiff, a face of terror in her eyes.
"Lexie?"
"I think my water just broke."