"What! My god, that's awful." Clifford cried in horror.

"Don't forget that it's only a rumor. Some say Lane never had any children and that she's just a grumpy person. Others are faithful to the idea that she used to be nice... I even heard a silly joke that her ex-husband is one of the O5. Now that's a story I love to know more about." Danial said while grinning like an idiot.

Clifford looked down. Despite her attitude, Lane was very popular among the staff and researchers. Even some D class fancy her... And he would be lying to himself if he said that he didn't feel the same. There was something about that woman. He just didn't know what it was. She's cold, grumpy, stern, and yet...

He jumped back to reality when Danial tapped against his back. "Don't fall asleep now. The conference has started." He whispered.

Clifford looked up towards a small monitor, watching the message displayed by his superior... He sighed. It really was just like Lane said...
————————————————————————

Autumn looked up as a strange alarm echoed behind the walls. What was going on? Did something happen?

She slowly moved from the bed. As she was about to stand up, a sharp pain rushed through her head, followed by a series of images and sounds.

——
Autumn ran past the corner, swiftly making her way down a narrow hallway. Red light flared up. Footsteps closed in behind her. She tried to look back, but her foot hooked behind her own leg, and she stumbled towards the ground.

Her eyes quickly glanced past her shoulder, but she couldn't see anything. Someone grabbed her by the hand and pulled her back up from the cold ground.
——

Autumn immediately jumped back to reality as she heard a soft voice giggle. Her heart fluttered into overdrive as she shot around. "Who's there!" She yelled.

Standing behind her was an awfully familiar-looking girl. Her caramel-brown eyes shimmered underneath a perfect mane of curled hair the color of dark chocolate.

Despite the harsh light, her smooth tanned skin looked highly exotic. Autumn almost stared in awe. Unlike her, the girl was much more refined and with a height that made any model look green with envy.

The girl giggled again. Looking at Autumn in delight as she said in a soft, almost childlike voice. "Hello."

Autumn stared into the girl's large eyes that sparkled with curiosity. Then it hit her. She finally realized why the girl looked so familiar. "Mary, is that you?" She asked hesitantly.

The girl, who was obviously a lot taller than her, smiled brighter than the sun. Laughing as she leaped forward, grabbing Autumn into an embrace of death. "Yes, in the flesh... haha, how long has it been, 6 years? 7 years? Whaaa, it's been too long! Wow, we have so much catching up to do!" She yelled enthusiastically.

Autumn's face burned red as Mary tightened her grip, squeezing to the point she had trouble breathing. "Mary, please stop... Stop... You're crushing me..." She uttered underneath her breath while gasping for air.

Mary blinked a couple of times, releasing Autumn, who bowed over and coughed. She let her longs fill before looking up again. "Why are you here?" She asked cautiously. The last time Autumn saw Mary, it was just before the accident with her parents.

Mary pouted her lips while ticking against her cheek. "Uhm...Oh, yeah, it's a long story. This really nice lady told me I'm a... Uh, what was it called again? Svb?"

"Scp?" Autumn corrected.

"Yeah, that one! The really nice lady told me I was a special person called SCP. She was really nice; I like her a lot. Anyway, she gave me this really nice room filled with lots of cute stuff, and I can ask for whatever I want!"