3| Fancy Food

"Food is the quickest way to a heart... sometimes."

Selene's POV

"Briar." Selene hissed giving the waiter a look as he walked away, as soon as he was gone she hooked her brown gaze onto the man sitting across from her.

He'd taken her to some fancy restaurant. It's high white walls seemed to be dusted with gold and the placed reeked of nobility. And even though technically Selene would be considered of the same class she felt increasingly uncomfortable, feeling as if she did not belong.

"What the hell is this?" She deadpanned pointing accusingly at the small pile of food on her plate, she raised an eyebrow at the line of sauce that had been placed beside it.

"It's lobster and salmon." He replied and she sucked in a breath.

"Why'd you bring me to one of these fancy places? I thought I made it clear that I don't like you; and what type of meal is this? I could eat the whole thing and it not even be a mouthful to begin with." She muttered and the man chuckled.

"That's just the appetizer. And I'm well aware you don't like me. Can't we just let bygones be bygones? I actually want to help you." Briar said taking a sip of his water.

Selene scowled at him and looked him up and down, "Help me how?"

"By finding Lupus of course." He said and Selene felt her heart start to race.

"How?" She breathed and the man gave a smirk.

"I know a guy." He said as he popped another morsel into his mouth. "He's a bit of a scatterbrain but he'll be honored to meet you; he's not very good with people—says some crazy shit sometimes, but he's our best shot—so bear with him."

"Do I know him?" She questioned and Briar immediately shook his head.

"No. Well if you do I'd be impressed—guy hardly leaves his home. I happened to meet him doing some field wo—errm—anyway his name's Bartholomew and he's a bit of a dragon fanatic."

"A dragon fanatic?" She whispered and scowled.

"Yeah. He's one of the only people who've done extensive research on the subject. You need to know about dragons, you go to Bart." He said.

"People have been looking for dragons?" She questioned and a light seemed to spark in Briar's eyes.

But why? They've been gone forever... deemed as nothing but a legend.

"You have no idea."

_____________________________

Next update coming soon.

Haven't been able to update lately because of work.