"Why are you letting them do this to you?" Nayeon isn't someone that will let others harm her easily, but it seems like she's different when it comes to her father.

"What else can I do? He'll throw me out if I go against him. I'll literally become homeless."

"You're 25, he shouldn't be abusing a grown up woman like that." Y/N said in frustration.

"Jin is 28 and he also gets abused."

"He has that much power over you guys huh?"

"He gives us no choice." Nayeon added.

"Then why do you want to become the CEO?"

"Because he doesn't want me to become one. He ruined my life, Y/N. He keeps saying that I'm incapable of becoming one, so I want to show him otherwise."

"Wait, wait, isn't he letting you do this project to prove yourself?"

"No, he never had plans of giving me a chance. He's just letting me do this to keep up his good reputation. It's always been Jin and never me." Nayeon said sadly. Now Y/N realizes that the two actually have the same goal. They both want Mr. Im and Jin to go down but Y/N also wants ImTech to  be destroyed while that's not something that Nayeon wants.

"Aren't you going to work? I'm sure you have a lot to do. I can handle myself here, you shouldn't delay your work because of me." Nayeon advised after a short silence.

"It's fine, I'm taking a day off so let's spend it together." Y/N suggested. She doesn't want to leave Nayeon knowing that she's not safe.

"B-but..."

"No buts, we're spending the day together."

"You don't have to feel sorry for me Y/N-ssi. Like I said before, this is a very normal thing that happened to me." Nayeon chuckled. Y/N doesn't understand how Nayeon can act like this is nothing. She must be so used to it that it barely has an effect on her.

"I don't feel sorry for you, I just want to spend time with you." Y/N lied. She does feel sorry for her, but she doesn't want Nayeon to feel bad.

"If you say so." Nayeon smiled to herself. Did Y/N just say that she wants to spend time with her?

"What do you want to do?" 

"Well, I can't really go out in this condition." Nayeon sighed. Since her father never hits her face it's been quite easy to hide her cuts but now for the first time ever she also has cuts on her face, which is a lot harder to hide than other body parts.

"Then let's watch a movie." Y/N said and stood up to grab the tv remote. They picked a movie and sat down on the couch. Nayeon looked like she was very focused on the movie, while Y/N wasn't at all. She just kept staring at Nayeon for God knows what reason. Nayeon noticed this but didn't say anything, instead she laid her head on Y/N's shoulder startling her. Y/N put her hand over her heart and she noticed that it was beating faster. Y/N has never felt nervous around someone before. Nayeon really is the first person that makes her feel flustered like this and she doesn't like it at all.

"Y/N?" 

"Yes?" Y/N answered.

"Thank you. If you didn't come last night, I might've slept on the streets." Nayeon informed, her head still on the CEO's shoulder.

"Why? Couldn't you call anyone else?" Nayeon is like a social butterfly, Y/N is sure that she has a lot of friends.

"No."

"How about your friends? Mina and Sana are your friends right?" Y/N questioned.

"Yes and no. I mean we're friends, but I'm not that close to share something like this with them. Besides I don't trust them." Y/N smiled weakly upon hearing that. Since Nayeon did share this with her, it means that she trusts her, right?