Assistance

I jumped higher in the tree, dodging the slashes of the goblin's jagged stone knife as it climbed after me

Seriously, this was just my luck.

Stuck up a tree while being surrounded by goblins. I had killed a good twenty of them when suddenly 40, or so, more had poured into the fight from every direction.

I couldn't even pinpoint where they'd come from, they just appeared suddenly.

The goblin grabbed my ankle and I used my knife to slash of its wrist, causing it to shriek in pain and fall from the branch below, taking out a few other goblins as it fell.

There was a sight hollow in the branches, which I now perched in, but it wouldn't take long for them to reach me again.

I guess it was just a waiting game.

I'm pretty sure that the twins have reached the loft by now, it's been a good 30 minutes since I sent them off.

That thought was confirmed when I heard a howl nearing my location.

I was relieved for all of a second before I felt a shake and looked down at the base of the tree to see the foul little creatures hacking at the trunk.

"Seriously?! Give me a break for god's sake."

I was getting frustrated by now. I was meant to be in town with my kids and here I was, fighting goblins.

Stilinski. Fucking. Luck.

I saw someone emerge from trees about 40 feet away and sighed in relief, seeing 3 others following them a few seconds later.

I looked down at the goblins and back at the people, recognising who it was.

Scott, Derek, Chris and Peter. Thank fuck.

I waved and saluted them, tucking my knife away as I climbed further up the tree.

I guesstimated the width of the goblin horde and pushed out of the tree, landing into a roll just beyond them, I thanked every deity that they weren't fast enough to pounce while I was down.

I climbed to my feet in one fluid motion, coming out of the roll, and pulled out my dagger again.

They pounced at me, having noticed my new location and I quickly slashed two of the down the fronts, spinning as I stabbed one through the head and pulling the dagger out as I kicked another one away from my side.

"Whenever you puppies are ready! Some assistance would be greatly appreciated, I'm a little outnumbered here!"

I called towards the immobile wolves and Hunter, who were quick to react now that I'd called out to them.

Derek and I ended up back-to-back, fighting the goblins with his claws and my knife. While Scott fought with brute strength and Peter and Chris teamed up.