Monsters

(👆🏻goblins except with sharp teeth.)

Bruce answered, taking over from his sister, who he could see was still being irritated by her ankle.

"We were walking towards town with our Daddy. We stopped near an old burnt house and got surrounded by monsters. Daddy distracted them and told us to run here. He said that we should send you to help him."

Lydia tilted her head and looked at them both, the expression mirrored by the others in the loft.

"Hi, I'm Malia. You said that your daddy sent you to us? Specifically?"

Another girl, from near the window, spoke.

Bruce and Ava both nodded.

"Yeah," Ava spoke, "he told us to get you. You're werewolves and stuff right?"

Bruce facepalmed as he saw the adults all get tense.

"Really Ava?"

She looks at him innocently.

"What? You said it yourself, that's the man that went to Mexico," she spoke and pointed at Derek, then at Lydia, "and this is the pretty lady who can scream and find death."

Ava tilted her head at her brother, ignoring as the adults got even tenser.

"Okay. Let's stop for a moment. First thing's first, you said your daddy's still out there?"

Lydia interrupted the growing tension, focusing on the problem at hand.

"Yeah. He drew them away from us so that we could run here. There were loads of them. Whatever they are. Daddy looked like he recognised them, though."

Ava nodded in agreement to what Bruce said.

"Yeah, if he thought he could handle them all, he wouldn't have sent us away. He wants help."

A tall boy with curly blonde hair stepped out of the shadows on the far side of the room.

"You said you were at the old burnt house?"

The twins nodded and he looked over at Derek.

"We could get there. Get him out."

Derek nodded and looked thoughtful, his eyes moving across to the twins before he decided.

"I'd rather not have these two becoming orphans because we decided not to help. Scott, Peter, Chris, let's go."

The people that he spoke to stood to leave, the other people remaining where they were.

"Are they going to help daddy?" Ava asked the people who remained.

"They'll try." A kind looking woman in a nurse's uniform spoke up, smiling reassuringly.

"Wow! Brucie! Look!" Ava pointed at the woman and Bruce nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, it is her."

Ava smiled brightly and bounced slightly in her seat.

"You know me?" The woman asked, sitting down on the arm of the chair.

"Yeah! Daddy told us stories about you. The Beacon of Beacon hills, the medicine woman!"

The woman's eyes went wide and she looked at the others in the room.

"What else did your daddy tell you?"

Ava smiled, an expression shared by Bruce who now sat beside her, and the twins began telling them all about their bedtimes stories. Or, more specifically, they told them about 'the medicine woman', 'the man who went to Mexico', 'the burnt wolf', 'the memory doctors' and 'the swamp lizard'.

Needless to say, the adults were more than just a bit concerned about how much they knew about the supernatural past of beacon hills. They were considering how, and were only managing to come to the conclusion that either there's a leak of information, or the twins' father was a Hunter.

And the adults didn't really like the sound of either of those situations.

(Thanks for reading this far! Comment and vote!)