"I'm gonna start on the project okay? Finish up your bath and we can watch a movie tonight." She said finally, pulling away and standing back up.

I smiled as a reassurance but as soon as she walked out of the bathroom door the smile faded. I locked my jaw, biting the inside of my cheek to try and push away the thoughts.

With an exhausted sigh, I lifted myself from the water, wrapping a warm towel around my body as well. I stared at myself in the fogged up mirror. Mascara messily rubbed at the corner of my eyes, the faded purple lurking underneath as well. Sleeping wasn't that big of a challenge but now it seems like a chore.

"I bought your favorite ice cream earlier and I put on your favorites show, now come sit." Minx smiled, patting the couch cushion beside her as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Can I get into pajamas first." I said sarcastically, laughing at her eye roll.

I left the living room area of the apartment and entered my room. I decorated it pretty plain and modern. White comforter set on my bed with a black cushioned headboard. The walls were a pale grey with white shelving. Green plants were scattered along the shelves along with some hanging from the ceiling in little pots.

I rummaged through my closet, looking for something comfortable enough for a long movie night. Pushing aside shirt after shirt, sweats after sweats, my eye caught on a particular price of clothing.
Light blue, a red embroidery in the middle. Holding the soft material in my hands only made the smudged mascara under my eyes spread.

I had forgotten I shoved it to the bottom of my dresser after a rough night a few weeks ago. I was so angry, so fed up with this cruel life I was living without him and tried to shut him away. I tried to shut any and every thought or belonging I had of him. But it just made everything worse. Endless tears, the endless dread to move on.
But George asked me to do one thing.
One thing only.

I slid the hoodie over my bare body, finding a guilty comfort in the soft fabric and the lavender scent that stuck to its thread. It hung to my middle thigh, the sleeves flowing over my fingers as well. The same sweatshirt he gave to me the night I came to his house for the first time. It was so long ago but yet it holds so many clear memories.

I quickly wiped the tears from my red cheeks and left the closet. I hopped on my bed to check my missed messages quickly. Only the messages from Alex filled my lock screen.

Alex- bitch
Alex- what r u doing rn
Alex- can I come over
Alex- i'm bored
Alex- Y/n
Alex- Answer me
Alex- penis
Alex- fuck you im coming over

I laughed gently and typed back.

Me- alex i'm having a movie night with Minx. but you're welcome to join us.

"You ready?" Minx smiled as soon as she saw me in the doorway.

"Alex might come over by the way." I said quietly, joining her on the couch, snuggling into her side.

"That fucker." She muttered, turning on the movie and bringing the pint of ice cream into my lap.

As the movie started up I found myself sinking deeper into Minx's side, my eyelids drooping as well. I was aware of what was happening and it made me feel bad. I'm not one to fall asleep during movies, especially when they first start. Minx felt my head droop and pulled me in closer, resting her chin on my head. I've been so tired, so exhausted of everything. It felt nice to be in the arms of someone. Even if it may not be George, it's nice to feel like there's someone there.

"Hello??? Hola???" A voice called from behind door down the hall.

"Ugh you weren't joking." Minx groaned, resting my tired body on the pillow as she got up.