.𝟷.

Y/n's pov

The tiny pops sparkle around my ear. The rainbow tint of the bubbles floating among the lifeless water. The glass of crimson red wine swirls as I twirled my wrist in a gentle circular motion. My hair is pulled out of my face and shoulders to keep from getting wet in the steaming yet soothing bath water.

"This whole project is bullshit." Minx scoffed, gripping the sheet of paper in her hand as she sat on the bathroom counter.

"This whole school is bullshit." I muttered before taking a sip of the wine.

It's been around 2 and a half years since the incident with George. I've moved into my own apartment in California with Minx living right across the hall to me. I have only about a little more than a year until I'm done with college and I can go live on with my life.

It's been hard. Waking up to an empty bed. Making breakfast with no one to wrap their arms around me from behind, resting their chin on my shoulder as they watched me cook. No more quiet nights, watching a movie or enjoying the company of each other.

I miss him.
I miss George.
I'll keep it simple.
I miss him more than I miss anything else on this planet. His smile, the way his dark dreamy brown eyes squinted as his lips pulled upwards. His hair, neat and straight but messy when he didn't care. His laugh, always so easy to make me smile.

The day I left at the airport, Clay hugged me goodbye. I wasn't fond of what he did, or what he tried to do. But I've moved past it. After what happened with George.. it became almost irrelevant. We were so caught up in what went wrong, what to do, we became lost in our own heads.

It was the way he hugged me goodbye though. His arms wrapping around me until I could barely breath, lifting me off the ground, swaying gently. His face buried in my shoulder, whispering things that broke my heart.
"I'll miss you so fucking much Y/n"
"Please visit when you can, I'll be waiting here."

We've stayed in touch, calling, texting. Not too much Facetiming considering our busy schedules. We make plans to meet up sometime. Clay, Nick and I can all visit either in Florida or California. But the fact that we all have work, school, and other things make it seem impossible.

"Y/n. Eyes up here." Minx ordered, snapping her fingers.

I looked up from the bath suds to meet with Minx's eyes. She was still holding the piece of paper in her hands, a tall wine glass beside her on the counter as well.

"Why are you in here again?" I asked sarcastically, finishing off the rest of my glass.

"Because we're friends and I don't give a fuck." She grinned, hopping off the counter and sitting on the bathroom floor beside the tub.
"What are you thinking about." She asked in a now more calm tone, leaning her head on her elbow which was propped up on the edge of the tub.

"The usual."

"Y/n, I know this is hard but you have to-"

"I know." I cut her off, closing my eyes to shut out the embarrassment.
"I know." I repeated quietly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, leaning over the edge, hugging me sincerely despite her shirt getting wet.

George gave me the hardest task anyone could imagine. How am I supposed to move on. How am I supposed to forget about everything and live on my life without him. He didn't know it but he was my wish when we were in the flower field that evening. I wished we would be together for as far as I can count and more.

"Don't cry, you're gonna get my new shirt all wet please." She said as her voice was muffled in the crook of my neck.

"It's already wet." I laughed sadly.