Chapter twenty-six: CODE RED! CODE BLACK! CODE SEND HELP THERE'S AN ATTACK

Percy's POV

.•*•.

It was the period before lunch and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I mean, who doesn't love sleeping?!

Mr. Millers was talking about something that had to do with music and I was just nodding along, like one of those Chinese cats (I forgot their name oops), just with the head...

Finally, the bell rang, singling that it was time for lunch. I packed my things and met Damian at his locker like always. I leaned my head against his shoulder and let out a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong?" he asked me gently. "Tiredness and sleepless nights are catching up on me" I mumbled my eyes already closing again. "But you weren't tired in the first period" he said. "I'm complicated" was my response.

He chuckled. My tummy grumbled waking me up instantly. "Food" I said and sped to the lunchroom. My second favorite place after mom's kitchen.

Luckily, Damian caught up to me and we stood in line waiting to get our food. I grimaced once I saw what they were serving. "Fish are friends not food" I glanced at everyone eating their fish.

Eeeew-
They have families too, you know

I turned greener than Martian Manhunter himself. "What do you want to eat" the voice of our not-so-friendly lunch lady asked me bringing me back to reality. "Um, the salad please" I said.

She nodded curtly and handed it to me. Behind me Damian ordered the same. I think I heard her say something like 'kids these days don't appreciate food. I would've killed for this at their age'

Un-set-tling

I spotted Jon and walked over to him. I plopped down on the chair across from him.

"Hey J" I greeted him. He smiled "Hi Percy" Damian took a seat next to me. I was about to speak again when there was a loud 'KABOOM!'

I jumped in my seat and turned around. Where there once was a wall there was now a hole.

That's would be a great title for a dramatic theater peace!

And in that hole stood Kampee and an army of monsters.

That too, where are the Apollo kids when you need them?!

I also wanted to scream "Aha, I knew it" but that would be dumb, even for my standards. And my standards are eh-

"Hello mortals" Kampee spoke, well more like hissed or I don't know, you can loose track with all those heads.

The room erupted into PANic.

Oh right, the mist was gone.

People started running around and bumping into each other. I leaned into Damian "I need to call backup" I whispered keeping my eyes on the enemy. He nodded and we managed to slip out of the room without getting too much attention.

We ran down the long corridors and into one of the girls bathrooms...

I quickly pulled a Drachma out of my pocket and called the gods. "CODE RED! CODE BLACK! CODE SEND HELP THERE IS A MONSTER ATTACK" I SCREAM.

Their eyes widened. Things like "There too?" and "It's getting out of control!"were heard. Then they started whispering among themselves.

Oh yeah, what about some tea to that?
Take all your time

ITS NOT LIKE PEOPLE ARE DYING OR SOMETHING

"What do you mean with here too?" I asked getting impatient but keeping my voice even. "Attacks all over the world were reported to us today" Zeus answered worriedly.