I slowly gulp as I click on the attachment. Dear Ms. Amelia, We are pleased to tell you that you have been accepted-

I close my laptop. I got accepted.... I got accepted.

York University. It was right here in Toronto. And was a good college. I had planned on going here ever since I came into my sophomore year of highschool, well if I got accepted. My goal for that time was to stay close to grandma and be there for her.

But now... It just seems... Weird. I am happy I got accepted. I really am. But... I just feel like this isn't what I want..? I never bothered trying for other colleges... because I always felt like I just couldn't go. Because I needed to be here for grandma.

But now... I can see myself going out of Toronto, living in a dorm or apartment, and maybe even Ethan there with me. I slowly open my laptop again, I close the application tab I had opened and open a new tab.

UCLA is probably one of my dream colleges. I had known from the age of 15 I would major in literature. And UCLA seems to have an amazing Lit programme from what I had heard and read.  

I could try...?

I mean it wasn't too late... Sure my application now wouldn't be a priority... But there is no harm in just trying right?

I open a blank document and stare at it. I bite my lip, before taking a deep breath and starting to type.

~~~

(Ethan's Point of View)

I sneakily take a piece of boiled pasta out the bowl that Amelia just placed on the counter after cooling it off. I look at her, while taking a small bite of the pasta expecting her to slap my hand and playfully scold me for eating her 'ingredients'.

But she doesn't... Instead she walks towards the stove and stirs the sauce. And I furrow my eyebrows at that.

Amelia had been acting differently. Ever since she came back from the study session she was cold and distant. She locked herself in her room and I let her, thinking she probably needed some space.

But at 6 pm I had had enough and was literally craving to see and just touch her so then I knocked on her door and asked her if she wanted to make dinner together so that we could spend some time together.

I told mom Amelia and I would take dinner duty and she was more than happy to let us. Amelia sometimes used cooking as a way to reduce stress, and I thought maybe she was stressed about the upcoming exams so I thought this would work.

But apparently not. Because ever since we have entered this kitchen she hasn't looked at me once nor has she said a single word and it's driving me crazy. I finish off the piece of pasta in my hand before walking over to Amelia and wrapping both my arms around her waist from behind. I lock my fingers on her stomach and put my chin on top of her head.

"What is bothering you?" I ask, quietly as she continues to stir the white sauce. "Nothing." She says and I know she is lying. I sigh and remove one hand from around her and turn off the stove. I then make her drop the spoon she was using into the bowl and turn her around and press her to the counter, trapping her between my arms. 

"There is something wrong. Ever since you came back from your study session with Madison you have been off. Did she say anything?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "N-No." She mutters.

"Amelia you have to talk to me. You acting all cold and distant isn't going to help. You locking yourself up in your room isnt going to help. If something is bothering you, you can talk to me." I say softly.

She looks up to me, and sighs softly before looking at the floor. She plays with her fingers and my eyes dart down to her fingers before going back to her face. "What is it?" I ask again, my voice a whisper.

"College." She says, refusing to look at me. "What?" I ask, confused. "Where do you plan on going for college?" She asks as she looks up at me. "I have gotten a few scholarships, UCLA giving me the best one. Probably going to end up going there with both the guys." I say as I look at her.

She nods and looks down. "Where do you plan on going?" I ask, when she doesn't say anything. "I got accepted into York today." She whispers.

Something in how she says it tells me she doesnt want it. That she doesn't want to go to York. But I nod anyway. "Do you think we will be able to do it?" She asks out of nowhere. "Do what?" I ask.

"Long distance." She says looking up at me. "Of course we would. Why would you doubt it?" I ask. "No.. It's just that many people can't... What if you get tired of waiting? What if we don't... Have time for each other anymore?" She asks as she looks up at me.

"I know without a doubt we could do long distance. I don't think I could ever not have time for you and I would never ever get tired of waiting for you." I say. She nods and places her head on my chest. A small smile comes over my face when I realize she is listening to my heartbeat, a small habit of hers. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer if possible.

"I... I wrote my application to UCLA... but didn't submit it today." She says after sometime and my heart beats faster on the thought of us going to college together.

"Why didn't you submit it?" I ask. "Ever since sophomore year I made it my goal to stay back here with grandma... I never even thought about going to college somewhere else. UCLA happened to be my dream college... The campus pictures and all of that. And even because grandpa went there. He majored in literature there and it was always like a dream for me to do the same. But... there was always this feeling of knowing that I can't... That I have to be here for her. But today... I could picture myself being there... And... And it felt so right... I gathered up the guts to fill in the application, but a little part of me just couldn't press submit." She sighs.

"Hey it's your dream... I know it might be hard for you... But if you feel it's right you should do it..." I say as I look down at her.  "Don't you think it's too late now? Graduation is in like less than three weeks." She mumbles. "No it's not. It's never too late. Even though your application may not be a priority right now there is a slight change you get in. Plus if you don't get into the fall semester, you can always get in during the spring semester." I say as I smile at her. She nods before pecking my lips and then completing making dinner.

We all have dinner together, everyone has a smile on their face including Amelia and I.

After dinner that night, we sit in her room, her laptop in front of us. And she holds my hand nervously as she presses the 'submit' button to her application for UCLA. And a little part of me is very giddy and excited with the thought that maybe just maybe we might be spending the next four years together and maybe more.

_____

Well, hope you liked the chapter!

The next chapter is gonna be the last chapter, then an epilogue and fo curse your bonus chapters.

Make sure to vote and comment! (Makes my day :>)

Next update: Tuesday