Chapter 28

Sorry for the long wait, but I'm back! Yay.

I've also edited all the chapters, and changed just the slightest of things so they make more sense now.

Apparently an omega and a gamma are not the same thing like I thought they were, so Thomas, Zach's third in command was his Gamma, not an omega.

And, since I've noticed a lot, and I mean A LOT, of hate comments, mainly concerning Zach, I'm proud to say that the changes I've made make his decisions now much more understandable.

So, mainly what I've added is that the normal for this werewolf world is for a wolf to find his/her mate within two years after turning eighteen. It's really uncommon for mates to be more than two years apart, so when Zach hit twenty years old, he kinda lost hope of ever finding a mate, and there comes Megan.

If you're still too confused, just try to read it again, or at least the first couple of chapters where it's explained in details.

I'll try to update as frequently as possible. I'm going to invest all the free time I manage in writing and finishing this book, because I can't wait to see how it'll turn out.

Thank you for hanging with me. Enjoy.

--------

"Wanna go freshen up?" Caroline asked Kat after the Redshadow's Alpha and Luna had finished their toast.

"Yes." Kat nodded before giving Zach a quick peck on his lips. "I'll be right back." She found it the perfect opportunity to ask Caroline the question that had been haunting her for a while.

Pulling her hand to his lips, Zach gave her knuckles a kiss. "Be safe."

****

"You and Ryan are so cute together. How long have you been mated?" Kat asked as she washed her hands.

Caroline giggled. "Not long, just a few months. I used to absolutely hate his guts, you know? But what can I say? He won me over." She sighed happily.

Kat moved her eyes around the bathroom, making sure that no one was around before taking a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you about something."

Caroline frowned slightly at Kat's serious tone. Turning to face her instead of the mirror, she nodded encouragingly. "Sure."

"It's kind if personal, though. But I'm really confused and I wanted to know if someone else had gone through what I'm going through now." She mumbled nervously.

"Okay." Caroline nodded with a smile. She admired how cute Katie was, strong and beautiful and really cute. It had been a while for Caroline since she met someone she felt comfortable around and close to. Even if they had just met, Caroline knew that Katie was a great friend, one she'd be honored to have.

"Have you ever had difficulty controlling your wolf when you and Ryan got... uh, intimate?" Kat cleared her throat, blushing at the question once it left her mouth.

"What do you mean, controlling my wolf? Like shifting?" Caroline asked.

"Not a full shift, no. Like..." Kat moved her fist between them, clenching her french painted nails against her palm, then opening her fist again with long sharp claws.

"Wow, I could never do it that fast. Nice. But, no, I've never let my claws out during sex if that's what you mean." Caroline shook her head with a smile and Kat groaned.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding. I know this is personal." She shook her head in embarrassment but Caroline stopped her with a grin.

"It's okay. We're friends now, aren't we?" She asked, her heart happy that she could finally feel the happiness of a sister once again.