Mentally, she thanks the Moon Goddess for Theon as her hands enter his shirt, trailing over his broad chest. Their kiss deepens, mouths parting as tongues twirl around each other. Lilliarna grinds into her mate's lap, a small moan escaping her lips causing Theon to tighten his grip on her hips. His growing member presses into her between their clothing, causing a rush of heat to run through her body.

Gradually his hands find their way under her shirt, his fingers running up her back, leaving a fiery trail of sparks in their wake. She pants heavily as his lips pull away from hers, moving to trail across her jaw and down her neck. His teeth graze the soft spot where his thumb had teased just moments before, causing Lilliarna to gasp. He laughs, pulling away slightly as his hands leave from their spot under her shirt.

"You're so perfect, my little mate."

Her lip juts out into a pout, disappointed by their fun coming to a sudden halt.

"I'm sorry, but if we keep this up, I'm going to have a harder time keeping my wolf from taking you right here and now. And that's not what I want."

Lilliarna leans back in his lap, chest still heaving slightly from her arousal as she stares at him.

"You don't- want me?"

Her lips dip down into a frown. The words had been painful to squeeze out, nearly taking every ounce of her strength with them.

"Of course I do. I want you so bad, little mate."

Theon brushes a strand of hair away from the front of her face.

"I want our first time to be because you want me, not because the mate bond makes you want me." He leans forward, placing a kiss on her forehead. "I don't want you to regret moving this fast."

Her head rolls back as she watches the fan above them on the ceiling. He had a good point, but her wolf didn't like it in the slightest. In her mind, her wolf was a mess, ready and wanting to take him to bed from the moment they met eyes. Her actions weren't like her. They were heedless, impulsive; her wolf and the bond made her reckless.

A heavy sigh echoes through the room as she leans forward into his chest, her head resting on his shoulder. The mate bond was unlike anything she ever imagined. It made her want to fight to be by his side, to stay despite her better judgement, telling her it would be a risk to them both.

"I never guessed the pull would be like... this."

She smiles as he chuckles, his arms wrapping around her.

"I've been told by others it's not usually so.. Eh, how do I put this? Strong?"

"What do you mean?" She asks, cuddling further into her mate's arms.

"Well, for others, they typically get an immense sense of love and the need to protect their mate at first. The overwhelming physical need for each other rarely starts until a little while later." His thumb strokes lightly against her back, "It's different for Alphas. I guess our mate bond is significantly stronger and faster paced."

Her breath catches at his words, jaw clenching while her body becomes stiff at his touch. Panic spreads through her body. She had been able to talk herself into the idea that being mated to a pack member would be relatively safe as long as she lived a quiet life. Being mated to an Alpha, however, changed everything. There would be no living quietly, they would announce her to every pack; she would have nowhere to hide. Those out for her blood would find her in no time.

She sits up straight, pushing herself away from his body, trying to put distance between them.

"Theon.." Her worlds trail off.