intro pt. 2

Wednesday, 1st of September, 1971

Once all of the students divulged in their feast and were finishing up their desserts, Dumbeldore rose in front of them to gain all of the students attention. With the flick of his wand, the tables cleared. The first years stared in amazement at how easily everything had disappeared into thin air. Everyone began to quiet down as they looked up at the headmaster.

"As many of you are probably feeling the tiredness of the day, before all of you retire to your sleeping quarters, let us sing our school song," Dumbeldore called out with a beaming smile. He moved his wand as a ribbon began to move and rose above into the air. Words began to form as the students began to read off the lyrics of the school tune.

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,..."

Everyone sang at different paces which led to all of them finishing the song at separate times. The first years had been the most cheerful while trying to belt out the words while the older students faces seemed to range from stoic expressions to annoyed ones while they read off the words. The elder wizard smiled in contentness as he applauded the students.

"Marvelous. Music. One of the many magic's we possess here in the castle. Now, off to bed all of you," The headmaster dismissed all of the students.

"All first years line up and follow us to the Gryffindor tower," One of the Prefects instructed the Gryffindor first years as the students were all shuffling around the big room. The two red-headed girls smiled while they happily made their way over to the rest of the group.

"Do you reckon we'll be sharing a dormitory?" Lily asked as Fauna looked over at her.

"Maybe. Lily! It would be like having sleepovers every night! That would be so cool," Fauna exclaimed at the idea and Lily smiled wider.

The group headed out of the Great hall into the corridor. Making their way up the stone staircase. All of the first years looked around more in 'awe' and with tired eyes. The long day was hitting them all one by one. What seemed to pull the attention of the two red-heads were the moving portraits. They all talked to one another as the students climbed the stairs. Being led through a hall full of tapestries to
more flights of stairs.

What no one seemed to notice was a floating balloon that wobbled in the air above them. Drifting towards one of the Prefects before dropping down on their head. Water splashed all over them as the balloon broke. A few of the kids giggled at the drenched Prefect who seemed to be silently fuming.