⛧Face the reality⛧

Start from the beginning

"Don't pull me into this," Bert protested in the same moment, widening his eyes. "You know I have nothing to do with his bullshit."

Gerard raised his eyebrows, throwing Bert an unamused glance. "...Anyways, you have been pulled into something you shouldn't, so it is completely fair that you are feeling like that."

"Gonna tell all the truth?" Bert raised an eyebrow, sourly glaring at Gerard while crossing his arms over his chest. "Like this? Blurt it out?"

"It would be easier if you didn't cut me off like that," Gerard replied, voice calm, but even under the controlled and slow syllables, it was possible to notice the angst and confusion creating a lump in his throat. He waited for a moment, making sure Bert wasn't going to add anything before he continued, "it is more of regarding Frank than anything else. Things aren't that simple and, if it depended on Frank or Ray, I actually wouldn't even be trying to explain this to you."

"What does Ray have to do with it, now?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to connect everything.

"See? You can't even— You can't even explain things properly, Gerard," Bert protested, finally standing up from his seat after minutes of shifting around anxiously. "You're making it worse!"

"What do you want me to do?" Gerard furrowed his eyebrows, tensing up under all the pressure. "I can't just blurt out things! The situation is already difficult itself! And..." He tried to speak, but the words didn't even seem to be able to leave his throat and he shook his head, rubbing his eyes. "Hell, this is all too early! Too early; I knew Frank and Ray had fucked up, holy shit," he muttered to no one in special in a small rant he continued to himself after suddenly standing up and just speed walking out of the place.

Both Bert and I were left without reaction, but I preferred to also leave before Bert said anything because the stress had been enough already.

Thinking about Frank in the way back somehow got me even more indignant about the whole situation because it made me realize how little I actually know Frank. There is no place I can go to, certain I will find him there nor do I know where he lives, not even a little reference.

However, I wouldn't stop there, for sure. All I could feel in the moment was like if pure adrenaline was running through my veins and only the desperate need to understand everything kept me working, being the single thing that filled my mind and made it look like everything else did not matter. Then, it really didn't.

I arrived home almost a couple hours later than usual, but my mother's concerned questions were left unasked as soon as she noticed my nervous state.

"Mom, can you lend me your phone? I just need to make a call," I told her, still breathless, just having left my bag aside carelessly.

She only observed me back for a moment, but eventually nodded and quickly handed me her phone after unlocking it. "Is everything alright?" she couldn't help but to question, observing me intently, so I nodded with my best attempt of a reassuring smile, trying to not get her too worried.

"Yeah, nothing you should worry about." I flashed her a smile and, as soon as I finished dialing Frank's number, I started walking upstairs with the phone pressed to my ear, taking my bag with me.

Hearing the repetitive patterned sound coming from the phone didn't exactly help with all the anticipation. The sound turned practically deafening in the moment I closed the door behind me and leaned back against it, but, on the other hand, the world seemed to stop in the same moment I heard his voice coming from the speaker.

"Hello?" It sounded so free of worry, though also confused.

"Frank," I said and could practically hear him tensing up. "Don't hang up. We are meeting right now and clearing some things up and I will not accept a no as an answer."