poor rubber hearts

Start from the beginning

then oikawa started crying which caught everyone off guard. what hajime didn't expect was for him to start crying along with his team.

"okay that's enough sad shit." makki said and wiped his tears off with mattsun's shirt. mattsun didn't even stop him.

"we all have to go home now." mattsun said. "and someone has a girlfriend waiting for him."

hajime raised his eyebrows and then realized, his phone. he walked over to his bag and took his phone out. 12 new messages from two hours ago.

"i'm gonna go." he picked up his bag and rushed out the door. while walking home he read two texts that stood out to him.

i'm proud of you

i'll be here when you wanna talk

now he really felt like a dick not telling you about loving you and his future plans. he spent the rest of his walk home thinking about it.

when he opened the front door, amara was on the phone in the kitchen. he looked down and saw your shoes next to the door.

"backyard." amara mouthed to him. hajime nodded and dropped his bag before opening the back door, revealing you who was throwing a squeaky toy for haru.

you had your back to the door, not realizing the person behind you. hajime silently walked up to you and picked you up by your waist.

you raised your hand to slap him in self defense, but hajime grabbed your hand before it could hit his face.

"hi." he said as you wrapped your legs around is waist. haru let out a whimper at the lose of attention, but then made his way back inside the house.

"hi." you brushed a hand through his hair and let your other arm rest over his shoulder.

"hey you two, I have a flight to catch and satoshi won't be home until tomorrow night." amara covered up the speaker of her phone to talk to you.

hajime nodded and said bye to her and then turned his attention back to you. you were studying his face.

his eyes were swollen and red.

you placed your hands on the sides of his face and leaned forward to kiss his nose. he always did that when you were upset so now you returned the favor.

his lips turned up in a small smile and an idea popped into your head. "can we invite mattsun, makki, and oikawa?"

"sure."

"can I use your phone?" he threw your body over his shoulder so you could reach his phone that he had in his pocket.

you dangled off of his shoulder while sending a text to the three guys. hajime waited for you to be done texting before lowering you again.

"you look so tired." you murmured and brushed fingers against his jaw.

"i am tired." he said.

"want me to prepare a bath for you?" he nodded walked into the house. he put you down at the entrance to the bathroom before walking back to his room.

you were sitting at the edge of the tub pouring in the bubbles while the water was running. hajime walked into the bathroom with a box.