thank you for standing up for him, i'm sure he's extremely grateful you're by his side, as am i. i'll try and send you another letter when it's much safer, stay safe
- padfoot x

There was nothing more written within the small scroll and Rebecca tried not to feel too disappointed in the short message from her father. Even with the small sinking feeling she felt deep in her stomach, she quickly set the scrap of parchment aside and immediately reached for the letter from Remus. The envelope was slightly thicker this time around, and as she tore it open, she couldn't help but to smile at the sight of a raspberry-swirled chocolate bar tucked tightly against his folded letter. She set the treat aside, unfolding the parchment and smoothing it out.

happy day, sunspot
first off, you know i've got to ask (no matter how embarrassing it may be) how was the first date? i hope it went extremely well, and should you need it, i can have a stern letter written out to fred if it hadn't gone off like you expected. (it is fred you're dating, right?)

i've forgotten to tell you, but dumbledore's allowed you hogsmeade privileges with my own permission. just for this year considering all the festivities going about, and seeing as i'm so nice when asking. so make sure to pass along your thanks to him.

as for your concern for harry and his place as a champion, a few friends and i are working on leads of just who might've been behind entering his name, you needn't worry too much. though, please be careful around igor karkaroff, he's a death eater — or at least he was, but you can never be too careful around their sort.

have you been able to speak with your friend yet? the one who had transferred out to durmstrang just this passed summer? adrienne, was it? what has she said of the matter?

im here whenever you need, remember that, love, moony xx

Setting the letter aside, Rebecca settled back against the headboard with a harsh sneeze. She glanced between both pieces of parchment, immediately feeling her lips tug downward. Sniffling and wiping her nose with the back of her hand, she felt herself sink deeper into the mattress. It felt utterly stupid to want to cry over the mere sizes of the letters – not even to mention the actual contents of them – but she couldn't help the sudden burning feeling stinging her dry eyes. Rebecca pushed them both away, tugging the blanket back over her frame and letting her head rest against the pillow once more.

It was then that the door creaked open slightly, a familiar mop of shaggy ginger hair peaking inside. She hadn't met Fred's eyes though, her gaze set out the opened window as she fought off the stupid tears and stupid feelings that made her heart clench tightly within her chest. Fred gently shut the door behind himself, thinking his girlfriend was still fast asleep, before beginning to tug off his outer robes – completely faltering when he rounded the bed and found her eyes opened and leaking tears.

"Hey – what's wrong?" He immediately knelt down by her top half, using his thumb to wipe gently at her flowing tears, "Does something hurt? Shall I go get Madam Pomfrey?"

Rebecca only shook her head, sniffling into her sleeve and shifting her gaze back towards the window. Fred frowned, trying to meet her eyes once more, only getting a far off dazed look in return as she avoided his searching gaze. Still, he kneeled by her, his thumb gently tracing her damp cheek as she continued to sniffle and wipe at her eyes with her sleeve. He hadn't want to pry, nor push her to tell him what the matter was – but when he caught sight of two discarded, different sized letters, he had a very good hunch on what it could've been.