Aşık

— So, that's Sakız. — Demir said pointing to the goat that was tied to one of the small trees in the garden.

After Nil ended Selin's physiotherapy session, Demir decided he would keep her out of the room for a few more hours. The conversation between them was still stuck in his thoughts, she was not happily locked inside those four walls and he feared their effect on the girl's mind.

He would like to get her out of the house, but he knew she would object. Selin was not going to be comfortable going out on the street right now. They needed to take small steps before reaching that point.

Then, Demir remembered the garden. Reyhan had said that her daughter had left a couch on the porch and that they could sit on it. Selin decide that she was the one who was to push the chair to the edge of the glass door, it took longer to get there than if Demir had taken her in his arms, but he knew that little moment of independence was important to her.

Evet. — Confirmed Selin, leaning against Demir's chest. — She is the older sister of Karamuk and Mösyö Tosbağa.

Demir had placed Selin on the couch and sat behind her so that she could lean on him while she was sitting. There was a small blanket over her legs and they watched the garden while Selin told him about how she had managed to get a goat, a turtle and a dog to live in harmony in the place.

— I thought this was Çiçi. — He pondered.

— Çiçi is the older brother, but he stays away. — She explained looking at him. — So here in the garden, Sakız Hanım is in charge.

— Maybe she should make that clearer. — Demir suggested. — That Karamuk attacked me as if he were the owner of the house.

— He didn't attack you! — Selin protested bravely, in defense of the animal.

— Selin, he snarled at me.

— Because he was jealous. — She justified the animal comportament. — He is used to sharing my attention with Sakız and Mösyö Tosbağa, but not with a human.

Yazıklar olsun, Selin. You need to impose some limits on this dog.

— He will get used to you, Demir. — Selin assured, smiling affectionately. — You will be great friends.

— I'm not so sure, but I'll believe you.

— Demir?

Söyle.

— Can I ask you something?

— Technically you already asked.

— Ya Demir!

Tamam, Selin. — Agreed the doctor, helping the girl to sit in a way that she could look him in the eye. — Ask.

Selin bit her lower lip nervously. Even though she wanted to know, she was afraid to ask. What if Demir laughed at her? What if he was bothered by the question? Worse, what if he thought she was completely silly and naive?

— You know you need to open your mouth to speak, don't you? — Asked Demir good-naturedly

Biz sevgiliyiz?

Demir tried to remain serious in the face of the question, not because of it but because of the way it had been asked. Selin had poured out the words so quickly and in a totally squeaky tone that it was almost impossible not to laugh. In addition, she had closed her eyes then, as if she could hide from him, just as she used to do when he praised her while she was in the hospital. She was so sweet, so delicate, so incredibly spontaneous that he was afraid to do anything that might make her feel afraid of being the person she was and acting the way she did.