You promised

— Let me see if I understood. — Ayda started. — You came out of the coma and came face to face with the very, very handsome doctor, you became best friends and not satisfied with this, you fell in love with him.

— Now, you had a fight with him over a "compromising" recording... — Continued İbo, signaling the quotes with his fingers.

When the couple came to Selin's house to visit her, she didn't know exactly what to feel. Part of her was looking forward to seeing them and talking about all the time they spent away. They were unable to visit her at the hospital because Ayda's parents had taken her to their field house as soon as she was discharged from the hospital. Ibo, like any other concerned fiancé, decided to accompany them.

However, there was another part that constantly reminded her what that visit meant. She would have to tell them everything that happened from the moment she opened her eyes in the ICU until the moment she got home. And in order to do that, she couldn't hide the detail called Demir from them, after all her recovery process was closely linked to him.

Selin knew that the moment she mentioned the doctor's name she would not be able to prevent the couple from becoming attached to it. She would have to tell them who he was and what he meant.

Then she told them. Selin spoke of the nights they spent chatting away until she fell asleep. From the times when he held her hand between his and she was able to feel as if her stomach was infested with butterflies that desperately wanted to fly away.

She described the way she felt her cheeks heat up whenever he praised her for no apparent reason. The mornings she spent on the phone listening to his voice and how in those moments she wished it would last forever.

But when İbo asked why she looked so sad while telling the moments she had lived with Demir, she was forced to relive one of the worst moments of her life. Selin wanted to forget that day, that recording. She wanted to pretend it was all a nightmare and call Demir begging him to come see her.

But his words always came back to her, reminding her that what they had experienced was in the past. And that the man she saw at night in her dreams and flooded her thoughts during the day, existed only in her imagination.

— You noticed that he stressed that the word is not being used in its literal sense when he made the quotation marks with his fingers, right? — Asked Ayda, catching Selin's attention. — It's an important detail.

For a moment, Selin had forgotten what they were talking about. But, it was enough to face the faces of her friends for her to put herself back in the conversation.

— With quotes, without quotes, what difference does it make at the end of things? — She replied rudely. — Will that erase that recording?

— There is so much wrong with this story, Selin. I am surprised that you accepted everything, without question, so easily. — Observed İbo, in a disapproving tone. — You didn't even give him a chance to explain himself.

— Why should I let you explain? For him to lie to me and I believe?

— How do you know he would lie to you? — Asked Ayda, staring at her friend.

— How do you know he wouldn't lie to me?

Selincim, this recording was delivered to you by a guy that you had the chance to talk to once in a lifetime and that thanks to this guy in question you had a psychotic break. — Remembered.

— Besides, we need to point out that in this recording Demir was talking to nobody else, none other than one of your best friends. — Highlighted İbo, patiently.