Big Bang

— What did you say?

Selin's voice came out in a whisper. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Her mind was so exhausted, so disturbed that she was no longer able to distinguish what was imagination from what was reality. There was no other explanation, her brain was, again, trying to play a trick on her.

There was no chance that Demir would be there saying that he had fallen in love with her. Only in her most distant dreams had she lived that moment. To be honest, not even in her dreams had she heard him say those words. This was a scenario that had never been set before her.

Maybe that was why she didn't know how to react. She didn't have enough words to explain to him what she was feeling and, even though she was able to formulate a sentence or two that made sense, Selin didn't even have the strength to get them out.

She felt Demir squeeze her fingers lightly, as if to make her realize that he was there, next to her. Just like the night Selin asked to touch him the first time, he brought her hand to his lips and left a soft, lingering kiss on it.

Selin's eyes filled with water again, tears that were once of pain and frustration, were now of happiness and relief. Demir released her hand and pulled her into a tight hug. Their hearts beating at the same pace as they felt each other's presence.

Ben seni çok seviyorum, Selin Sever. — Demir repeated, in her ear.

Selin closed her eyes as if it were going to engrave the words in her soul. Tears started streaming down her face and she tightened her arms around the doctor's broad shoulders before hiding her face in the curve of his neck. It was true. This was really happening. Demir was there, she could feel the warmth of his body taking over her body and the smell of him enveloping her brain and making her relax completely in his arms. This was the man she was hopelessly in love with and he was saying he loved her.

Emin misiniz? — She asked, her head still against his neck.

Selin didn't want to open her eyes, she was afraid that if she looked at Demir, that whole moment she would fall apart. And all those words were taken away.

Evet. — Said the doctor, letting out a little laugh.

İnanamıyorum. — Selin said.

Demir frowned and loosened his hold, moving their bodies away so he could look at her. When Selin opened her eyes and faced the doctor, he could see the uncertainty reflected in her dark irises. He knew that there were many confused thoughts lurking in her mind and that she was not going to get rid of them so easily.

He needed to make her realize how much he was being honest when he said he loved her, because that was the only certainty he had in his life. But at the same time, he understood that he needed to let her put all her fears and insecurities out. First of all, Selin was a sensitive person and who had gone through a turbulent time, she would take some time to compose herself emotionally.

She still needed to rediscover herself as a woman and believe that she was able to love and be loved like anyone else. It was not and would not be easy, but Demir was patient and was more than willing to help her through this process. If she depended on him, Selin would not only understand that she could be in a loving relationship like any other woman, as she would also feel to be the most loved and desired woman of every face on Earth.

Demir brought one of his hands to Selin's face and caressed her cheek gently, causing a shy smile to appear on her lips. He brought his face close to hers and brushed their nose slowly and gently, making her smile and let out a little laugh.

Demir's hand slid down the girl's neck towards the back of her neck, her fingers buried between the strands of black hair forcing her to lift her face slightly towards him seconds before he finally brought her lips together in a delicate kiss. Just touching their mouths was enough to make Selin's heart jump violently inside her chest. Demir's lips were soft and secure, and when she parted her mouth slightly allowing Demir's tongue to slide in search of hers, she found that they fit perfectly between hers.